• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger 10/22...Ar15 style

Re: Ruger 10/22...Ar15 style

MSRP is a little steep, but I think I would be something neat to add to the collection. It may not be as cool as a dedicated upper for an AR, but as possible collectible its cool.

Kinda neat. SGN had a "how to" article recently about taking an old Garand stock and cutting it up carefully to restock a 10-22 to look like a garand. The final touch was a peep sight rear, at first glance it's pretty convincing until you get within 20 feet and see how short the eject port is.

Cool looking little rifle. Hopefully it will perform as good as the regular 10/22. I also saw where Remington is making a similar rifle.

And a grip that cures the gap behind the trigger guard, I suspect they could sell a fair few of those to nordic owners.....

Now just some less goofy looking high cap mags as per Black Dog please!

TC

Looks like a trainer substitute for shoot houses, cheaper than .223 to shoot in CQB scenarios and plinking, it will pay for itself in one or two weekends..

I would like to buy the chassis separately, and use my own 10-22 bolt and barrel.

Other companies are on this too:
colt: http://www.colt22rimfire.com/
and S&W M&P 15-22: http://www.smith-wesson.com

Just a 10/22.

akygqf.jpg

It's not hijacking if you started the thread right? I don't see this thing as a trainer at that price. Wouldn't a drop in .22lr conversion kit be the way to go for CQB AR training? I have been mulling over how I want to go rimfire while getting AR trigger time. I like the idea of the drop in kit since I will be handling my "real" Ar, with my "real" optic, ect. Lots cheaper than a dedicated upper or something like this new Ruger. I know it wouldn't be as accurate as a dedicated upper or dedicated gun, but at 50yds and less it should be good for training right?? What do you guys think? I have never been able to shoot either a dedicated upper or drop in conversion.

Thank You
Patrick Scott

Looks cool, but as a trainer platform, not so much...
A realistic trainer needs to replicate the manual of arms from the host system it is representing.
That is why the .22lr conversion kits / uppers are better suited to this role.

Can you use this setup to practice movement and marksmenship?
Absolutely!
laugh.gif

If you need an excuse to buy one, go for it.
I have two 10/22 "Trainers" that I use in this fashion.
Ultimately though, I just like to play with .22s.

When I comes time to do actual training, it is with either the actual weapons system or a SIM kit for me.

All neat and stuff. But for a smidge over $400 you can get the S&W MP15 22lr. AR platform, 22lr, same controls, rails galore. Yes it's 95% plastic but ergos are the same, as well a drills.

My problem with the nordic kit is that by the time you pay for the kit , a Ruger 10-22 , a Stock and Forearm you could build a dedicated .22 LR upper and lower or purchase one of the Collt Umarex or Smith and Wesson clones .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks cool, but as a trainer platform, not so much...
A realistic trainer needs to replicate the manual of arms from the host system it is representing.
That is why the .22lr conversion kits / uppers are better suited to this role.</div></div>

Good point. That Ruger wouldn't be a true trainer, as much as a cheaper way to shoot with a close AR feel. With a 22LR upper on a 'real' AR lower, how does magazine changing feel? Does it replicate a trainer better?

What I do like about that Ruger is the use of 10-22 components, which are everywhere..

Good info guys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patrick Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's not hijacking if you started the thread right? I don't see this thing as a trainer at that price. Wouldn't a drop in .22lr conversion kit be the way to go for CQB AR training? I have been mulling over how I want to go rimfire while getting AR trigger time. I like the idea of the drop in kit since I will be handling my "real" Ar, with my "real" optic, ect. Lots cheaper than a dedicated upper or something like this new Ruger. I know it wouldn't be as accurate as a dedicated upper or dedicated gun, but at 50yds and less it should be good for training right?? What do you guys think? I have never been able to shoot either a dedicated upper or drop in conversion.

Thank You
Patrick Scott </div></div>

DIK are great. I have one, M261. Runs flawless with the .mil inserts, so-so with aftermarket BDM mags.

What I am wondering are they going to offer NY, MA, CT and etc compliant ones. I see that S&W has one but I really like this ruger one since its a 10/22. Or is there a way we are allowed to buy one used/new from a private individual?