• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger 10/22 Competition Rifle (Ruger Custom Shop)

Sparky72 has some great advise on the chamber I do the same thing on on my Kidd supergrade.

I guess I got lucky. Mine's a left handed model. Less demand for those, I guess. For once being left handed was an advantage!

@Tancred any more range reports on your lefty? Currently waiting on mine…

Since this is back from the dead, lol. I bought a lefty version of this rifle last year and really like the thing. It ran Eley red box or SK Rifle Match really well in the little 100 yd benchrest game the duffers play at the local gun club on Saturday mornings. It keeps 14/15 rounds in the 10 ring of a 25yd, slow fire pistol target when used at 100 yards as a rifle target.

Remember to buy a few extra mags before they get hard to find.

Love my lefty custom shop. Only thing I wish is that they had made lefty 25 round mags for plinking. Since this pic was taken I replaced the rings with an ADM 30moa super low and the tripod with a harris S-BRM (canting). With 60 moa I can zero at 50y and dial out to 400 and change. I shoot CCI SV.

IMG_5622.jpeg

I picked a Competition up when they came out... upgraded the stock, added a KIDD UL Barrel, and Volquartsen TRG2000 trigger group. Shoots great, just a nice light carry rifle for hunting and plinking.

RUGER1.jpg

Last edited:
I picked a Competition up when they came out... upgraded the stock, added a KIDD UL Barrel, and Volquartsen TRG2000 trigger group. Shoots great, just a nice light carry rifle for hunting and plinking.

View attachment 8237611
BRN-22 receiver/Kidd Bolt and springs, Federson 16” Match Barrel, Boyd’s At-One stock (glass bedded), BX 2.5lb trigger, Walmart Center-Point $39 scope. 5 rds at 50 yards, 10rds at 50 yards

Attachments

• IMG_7578.jpeg
    IMG_7578.jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8556.jpeg
    IMG_8556.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_8579.jpeg
    IMG_8579.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7543.jpeg
    IMG_7543.jpeg
    261.1 KB · Views: 49
Would this model be worth it at $635? Found a new blemished one locally that I've been going back and forth on. I was interested in these when they first came out but figured the higher price wasn't worth the squeeze vs building one.
My answer is yes . I have had mine since they first hit the market and have no compliant's at all . for a plug and play prs , steel challenge , or just tossing bullet's at a target 300 yds away the juice is well worth the squeeze for dollars invested .

So, is there a preferred optic for this rifle?
I’m thinking a SFP with illuminated dot reticle like the Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-18x42 or the Burris Signature HD 3-18x44.

So, is there a preferred optic for this rifle?
I’m thinking a SFP with illuminated dot reticle like the Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-18x42 or the Burris Signature HD 3-18x44.

For competition most choose FFP so the MIL or MOA marks are usable at any magnification.

I have a spare Vortex Viper FFP 5-25x50 Gen 2 laying around that I'm thinking of putting on my Custom Shop Ruger 10/22.
It's a bit large and heavy but focuses down to 25 yards and has great glass to my eyes.
Got mine at Midway USA for a fantastic price a few weeks ago.

Reactions: Mark_Dorman
I have a spare Vortex Viper FFP 5-25x50 Gen 2 laying around that I'm thinking of putting on my Custom Shop Ruger 10/22.
It's a bit large and heavy but focuses down to 25 yards and has great glass to my eyes.
Got mine at Midway USA for a fantastic price a few weeks ago.

I think I saw that sale. Was a great deal and a nice scope. My brother and I picked up one second hand for our .223 R700 and it's been fantastic. Was tempted to try and steal it for my 10/22 but would feel bad pulling it off his gun. I run a cheap Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 on my 10/22 and it does just fine. Though I would prefer a reticle with a dot instead of full cross hairs.

1699989866241.png