• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger accuracy

That not it chief, it’s ruger 90458 but they aren’t made anymore for ruger, just through accurate mag direct.

Indeed, have three of the 223 metal AccurateMags with Ruger logo. Discontinued along with the Precision 223.

The all polymer #90562 is still available (and cheaper for tinkering).

I would love my ruger to be in a Magpul chassis but at the same time its a thinner barrel and will just look weird, plus I got pmags and a D60 that feeds wonderfully soooooo yeahhh. For the stock chassis it does alright. Thats why I am looking at the Tikka t3x varmint, I hope that it will shoot even better than my Ruger, then I would love to put it into a KRG whiskey 3.

My current factory dream rifle is the T3x varmint in a KRG with a leupold mk5. 77gn TMK/Norma all Mother f'in day!!!

But till them I'll work on the fundamental of what I got just to get better. I figure WHEN I hit a 1000 yards gong (223) then ill treat myself with a new gun.

GOFUNDME????

Last edited:
My current factory dream rifle is the T3x varmint in a KRG with a leupold mk5. 77gn TMK/Norma all Mother f'in day!!!

Hmmm...that sounds familiar (but in an MPA)....
7FBD4CBF-48F2-4867-B393-DAB1F6E937FE.jpeg

Reactions: CarbonMTN
Spife - in your thread about dropping your American in the oryx, you talked about it being the original rotary mag version, not the gen 2 that accepts pmags. Do you, or anyone know if the long lipped accurate mags work in the pmag version? Getting close to picking one up and want to make sure and not screw myself from running the accurate mags by buying the wrong version

Reactions: Backcountryguy
Spife - in your thread about dropping your American in the oryx, you talked about it being the original rotary mag version, not the gen 2 that accepts pmags. Do you, or anyone know if the long lipped accurate mags work in the pmag version? Getting close to picking one up and want to make sure and not screw myself from running the accurate mags by buying the wrong version
I have no idea of the ar mag model will work in a chassis for aics mags.

I do know via mdt that the ar mag model will not work in a stock meant for the rotary mag. Beyond that? No clue.

Last edited:

I have a RAP 223 that used AR-15 magazines in the factory stock.

I dropped the action into the Indian Creek Design MoFo chassis that uses AICS magazines rather than the chassis version that uses AR15 magazines, because I wanted the longer COAL of AICS magazines for loading heavy bullets.

I’m using the now discontinued Ruger 90458 magazines, which are the long-lipped Accurate Mags....they feed flawlessly.

If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend checking out the Indian Creek Design MoFo chassis. It’s the only American made chassis available for Ruger Americans...it uses a modular fore-end system so you can swap out to new or different fore ends when they make them/if you want them....and the customer service at ICD is amazing. I prefer the Johnny fore end right now. It has m-lok on all 3 sides, and the bottom is a full length Arca Swiss rail. The HERO adapter allows you to run any AR15 handguard if that interests you

Attachments

• 7A68E5B5-01B1-4D5C-AD96-BA728C70A318.jpeg
    7A68E5B5-01B1-4D5C-AD96-BA728C70A318.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
did you wrap your barrel?

Yeah, same stuff (tape) as the scope. I found the blued barrel started generating a mirage, just sitting in the sun. The tan colored camo of the tape helped knock that down. Some think it's some OAF shit, but really, it's just necessity being the mother of all inventions so-to-speak.

I saw that one. Torn between it and the oryx with the oryx beinga bit more inexpensive but the icd coming with the built in arca. Tough decision! Thanks for your input everybody

I saw that one. Torn between it and the oryx with the oryx beinga bit more inexpensive but the icd coming with the built in arca. Tough decision! Thanks for your input everybody

For me it was easy. The only thing you can change about the Oryx is the hand grip. With the ICD accepting virtually any AR15 handgrip, any buttstock that works with buffer tubes or buffer tube interfaces, and multiple styles of fore ends...the possibilities are vast and ever changing as long as AR15s are popular and companies keep making new products for them

If all I was after was AICS magazines I’d get the Magpul Hunter for $200 or just get the AICS DBM setup for the factory stock for like $30 from Ruger. I think the Oryx would’ve been more competitive at around $300 but that’s just me.

I was going to go with the boyds and their aics bottom metal but I found the oryx on sale from oplanet for 350 on labor day or something which was only 20 more than the boyds would cost for a real chassis. I wanted best value without overspending and that’s what I came to. I’m pretty pleased with it.

I was going to go with the boyds and their aics bottom metal but I found the oryx on sale from oplanet for 350 on labor day or something which was only 20 more than the boyds would cost for a real chassis. I wanted best value without overspending and that’s what I came to. I’m pretty pleased with it.

I don’t blame you. Boyd’s is on the bottom of my list. Seen way too many horror-inletting jobs by them. The exterior is almost always finished beautifully...but wowza for some butcher jobs on the inletting

I’m after a better stock(chassis) than factory with the main goal of running aics mags. I know the factory is flimsy at best and will just piss me off

Reactions: Backcountryguy
I’m after a better stock(chassis) than factory with the main goal of running aics mags. I know the factory is flimsy at best and will just piss me off

Depending on how crazy you want to go, McMillan will have a limited release of stocks in the Game Warden/Game Scout series with DBMs already in them. Should be out in the next month or so. Price is around $700

Correct. You will order their normal 223 mag on the website but you should make them aware of the order beforehand (and maybe in order notes too, can’t remember) and they will send you the proper mag.
Tried to order one today but they don't have saturday hours. Do they cost the same as the standard mags?