• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger Hawkeye LR target rifles

aamity

Private
Minuteman
May 1, 2020
Elko, NV
Just picked this up yesterday for a shamefully low price. 300 WM. Mounted a USO TS 5-25X50 on it in Burris Signature XTR rings. Fired first shots today. I have an RPR in 300 WM so I already have load recipes (the barrel is the same as the RPR) but the mag is about .050 shorter. Apparently it really likes my 220gr SMK load and it fits in the mag without modification to COAL
This load is a Mk 248 Mod 1 clone with a 220gr SMK at 2860 fps. Five shot group at 100 yards in .87 MOA followed by 5 in a row on steel at 950 yards. I think this will do nicely.

Attachments

• tempImageypmkH3.png
    tempImageypmkH3.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 84
  • D6ABBF43-74DE-4D0B-9759-7F979721FC0D_1_201_a.jpeg
    D6ABBF43-74DE-4D0B-9759-7F979721FC0D_1_201_a.jpeg
    496.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Just picked this up yesterday for a shamefully low price. 300 WM. Mounted a USO TS 5-25X50 on it in Burris Signature XTR rings. Fired first shots today. I have an RPR in 300 WM so I already have load recipes (the barrel is the same as the RPR) but the mag is about .050 shorter. Apparently it really likes my 220gr SMK load and it fits in the mag without modification to COAL
This load is a Mk 248 Mod 1 clone with a 220gr SMK at 2860 fps. Five shot group at 100 yards in .87 MOA followed by 5 in a row on steel at 950 yards. I think this will do nicely.

Out of curiosity........ Does this rifle have the fixed blade ejector or is ejector in the bolt ?

Care to share your load data ? I'm too lazy to go digging.

Nice group there......I'd be happy ,and " let her eat "

Reactions: aamity
Out of curiosity........ Does this rifle have the fixed blade ejector or is ejector in the bolt ?

Care to share your load data ? I'm too lazy to go digging.

Nice group there......I'd be happy ,and " let her eat "
It’s an M77 so it has the Ruger Mauser style bolt and controlled feed extractor with a fixed blade ejector.

This load is a clone of the Military Mk 248 Mod 1 with a 220gr SMK over 76.7gr of Ramshot Magnum and a Fed 215M primer. COAL is 3.485 and CBTO is 2.910. Velocity is 2860 from my 26” barrels. It’s a stiff load but there are no excessive pressure signs. As always that can vary from weapon to weapon.

Reactions: NH4X
It’s an M77 so it has the Ruger Mauser style bolt and controlled feed extractor with a fixed blade ejector.
Not to nitpick but you mean its a new manufacture m77, post mkII model. Theyve had a push feed spring ejector and tang safety models. Just not in a long time...

Not to nitpick but you mean its a new manufacture m77, post mkII model. Theyve had a push feed spring ejector and tang safety models. Just not in a long time...
Well yes. Everything I said is correct. The Hawkeye LR has only been out a few years if I’m not mistaken.