• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger M77?

rooster2/16

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2012
Le Boot
Thinking about trading my Bushmaster patrolman AR for a Ruger M77. I don't know anything about Ruger rifles. How do they stack up compared to Rem 700?

Great rifles for hunting, and that's about it. I have a 300wm M77 as my primary hunting rifle, and have it dialed under 1/2 moa. If youre planing on building an sort of "tactical" rifle off of it forget about it. If youre a fan of the Mauser type actions, and want a tactical rifle I will suggest using a Winchester Model 70 action as parts are far more available. But nothing will touch a Remington in the aftermarket department.

I personally have had horrible luck with rugger m77's I load for my friends and i cant get it to shoot less than 3 moa with any powder or bullet combination i have tried. I have had awesome luck with winchesters and savages.

I've had several Ruger hunting rifles and have had zero problems with them, but for aftermarket/tactical stuff I would go Savage or Rem. I even did a couple builds on Rugers that turned out well but they are not as easy to work on as the Rem or Savage. If your gonna buy factory and go out and shoot nuthin wrong the Ruger.

Thanks for the info. Gonna keep the bushy as a truck gun and start saving for a Rem 700 sps.