• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Ruger MKIII678G Government Target advice

DISMAS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2010
Midwest
Hi guys. Been a while. I need some advice though... I just acquired a perfect condition MK III Government Target Model MKIII678G. It was in a trade and I pretty much got it for a value of $200. Guy said he got it a few years back from a buddy and he never really shot it much. I'm a fan of the MKII (2 i's) and I figured that's what he meant. I started looking into it and I find that the MKIII (3 i's) in that exact model, Government Target Model 678G are actually pretty rare. So I'm here looking for advice. I'm not a purist. As I read more and more on forums like this one and rimfirecentral, I see only a little bit about this exact gun and people seem to think they're pretty rare... as in less than 200 made rare. The serial number is 227-04686. I emailed the Ruger Collector's Association to see if I could find out more about the rarity of the gun and haven't heard back yet, but that was just earlier today. I do quite a bit on gunbroker so I thought about listing it, but don't think that would be the best medium to get this gun into the right person's hands. If it's not a big deal, I'll just keep it and shoot it. If it is actually pretty rare, I'd rather get it to someone who would appreciate this and have it be a safe queen or occasional shooter or whatever. Can't figure out the URL stuff for pics yet but will keep trying. It came with 4 mags... Please offer your advice as I'm a little out of my element here. I'm probably going to put it on GB, I just have no clue what to have the price set at (reserve or buy it now, etc). Just curious if any of you are familiar with this gun... and what it should sell for if it really is tat rare. Thanks in advance.

Ruger%201a.jpg

It's an MK III. Not II. I'll try and post a pic of the other side of the gun. Also, see the picture of the box label. Per people on rimfirecentral.com and rugerforum.net and rugerforum.com, it's pretty dang rare. Was just looking to see if anyone on here knew more about them, etc. I ended up posting it on gunbroker last night. I probably can't post a link to that, but it's the only one on GB so it should be easy to find. I want a .22 pistol to actually shoot with the kids... and others on other sites seem to have always kept their eyes open for one of these. It needs to get into their hands probably, and not just in my safe. Rolltide, I've tried to register on RFC several times in the last few days to talk to the people there about it. I'm registered as JudahBenHur, but the website has not sent the registration email so I can't post anything. If you know any mods on there or admin, please maybe shoot them a PM if you get a free sec. I've never been on there before... and I've now tried multiple times and even submitted 2 technical issue tickets. Several people on RFC have posted about wanting one of these.

If they are that rare, The count is down by one. Mine has been cerakoted, had the front sight moved back, and threaded for a surpressor. It's a shooter.

That's kind of what I had planned on doing to it, PD DUMPER. Not anymore. You have pics?

Hopefully ....pics
Jon at, Area 419 did the work

Attachments

• photo73096.jpg
    photo73096.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 26
  • photo73097.jpg
    photo73097.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 27