• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger MKIV Magazine Loader

Epsilon

Private
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2020
I got tired of killing my thumbs loading these mags. Made a couple designs, printed them out and here we are! No more sore fingers from these magazines. The design with the thumb hole is a winner for sure but the rectangular design will probably last longer. I might combine the two depending on how these work out long term.
20200813_152602.jpg

20200813_152700.jpg

20200813_152718.jpg

Reactions: samb300
you have 10 fingers you only need two of them to hold it down and it cost you nothing and you don't need to support china . a drill and a little bit of wood not as cheap as the fingers but could work the same a metal tab instead of wood or plastic .

Items above were functionally free aside from the 20 min spent in cad and $0.50 worth of PLA. Already have the 3d printer for other projects.

So why spend even $8 for some Chinese junk?
Uh, made in the USA, and $4.69 direct.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Well I, for one, think it is great that you made something instead of buying it. Cost aside, there is satisfaction in designing and making something of your own. I am very curious about 3D printing at a hobby level. What machine are you using and is it for "hobby" use, i.e. not thousands of dollars?

Well I, for one, think it is great that you made something instead of buying it. Cost aside, there is satisfaction in designing and making something of your own. I am very curious about 3D printing at a hobby level. What machine are you using and is it for "hobby" use, i.e. not thousands of dollars?
I'm printing using an ender 3, very much an entry level machine, retail price is $240 but can be had under $200 if you wait for a sale. They take a little tweaking to get printing really well but if you don't mind troubleshooting they can be great. The next step up would be a Prusa Mk3 which will run around $800 iirc. That machine will print much better with out needing much tweaking or troubleshooting. If I did it again I'd still go with the ender over the prusa.

Google "fosscad" people are printing AR15 lowers, glock and sig lowers and all sorts of other fun stuff with entry level machines.

I find that a little blast of aerosol oil and a shake to distribute it in the hopper allows the cartridges to slide appropriately and negates the wax build up issue. Plated ammo certainly works better than waxed lead ammo. It is not perfect, but about as perfect as we have right now...