• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger Precision almost a decade old, are they still holding up?

Was it worth it?

• Yes, and still enjoying it

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Yes, it was, but I’ve moved on

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • No, and I’ll tell you why

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
I know that all are speaking of the 6.5CM but I have an RPR 223 that I purchased for just over $800 new when it came out, I sure loved it, don't know how many rounds but many. Have not gotten it from the safe for over three years, built an Origin in 223 four years ago, and now thinking of upgrading the barrel on the RPR. What would be a good choice for the RPR 223? Open to any suggestions.
Not exactly answering your question, but be aware, RPR’s in .223 are pretty rare and well appreciated in the RPR community. Hang on to it.

Reactions: johnnyvw
I keep scanning the Gunbroker listings for one... they don't come on the mrket very often

White Oak Armament shows 24" .223 1/7 barrels available in stock.

Thanks, that's a fair price for a barrel from White Oak. I could not find any reviews on them for 223 Rem.

I've posted about this a couple times, so I won't go into all the gory details. The muzzle brake was cross threaded from the factory on my 5.56. My LGS sent it back, Ruger re-barreled it, and now it's on my 'do not sell' list. I don't think I've ever had a 5 round group over .75", most .50" or less. Unless I have to, I'm not changing a thing.

A buddy was looking over my shoulder thru a spotter when I shot this one. I looked back at him after #4, just knowing I was going to fuck up #5 somehow! :ROFLMAO:

kstC2En.jpg

Reactions: MadDuner