• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger Precision Rifle Discussion

Went with the mk4 high. I'll get from Amazon next week. Thanks for the info!

What size soft case will a factory 308 with the 20in barrle fit in unfolded? Will a 42in be long enough?

I have a 42” case I was using for my .308 with the 20” barrel and LOP adjusted to 15”. It fits, but literally end to end. If I used a muzzle brake it wouldn’t fit.

I agree with Hardpan. I'm running 1.25" rings on a 50mm objective and I have pretty minimal clearance. I can get a scope cap on but that's all the room I have. From what I've seen, once you step up to a 56mm objective you're pretty much looking at "AR profile" height rings for the RPR.View attachment 7019272
Awesome looking. How do you like the Penguin Grip? Also if you use Instagram Please tag us for a repost.

I have been fumbling with my mag release in the cold weather with gloves and looking for a solution. Is this ShopRuger branded item the "gold standard", or are some of the others I've seen online a better option?

RUGER PRECISION® RIFLE MAGAZINE RELEASE EXTENSION - BLACK
18439.jpg

Reactions: Reverend Mark
I have been fumbling with my mag release in the cold weather with gloves and looking for a solution. Is this ShopRuger branded item the "gold standard", or are some of the others I've seen online a better option?

RUGER PRECISION® RIFLE MAGAZINE RELEASE EXTENSION - BLACK
18439.jpg
Great product and produced by great guys. It is also available from Catalyst Arms and Anarchy Outdoors.

https://www.catalystarms.com/shop/
https://www.anarchyoutdoors.com/catalyst-arms-rpr-mag-release-extension/

Reactions: Reverend Mark
Just fitted a 6.5 with a Proof Research 1:8, 24" M24 Contour pre-fit barrel. On the end is an APA Little Bastard.

The green is rattle can. Grip is Anarchy outdoors. Lefty. What can I say? I'm classy like Coors. It's a RPR, not a fancy shmancy AI or Surgeon ??

Consequently, I have a RPR 6.5 Creedmoor barrel with like 550 rounds through it sitting around. LOL

I bet she'll shoot a keg at click all day. View attachment 6990303
Do you post on instagram? If soon please tag us @anarchyoutdoors. If not can we have permission to post your photo?

Reactions: theaoguy
Finally got the chance to try her at 1k yards. Took a class over the weekend since I'm new to the long range game. Once I got strelok calibrated (needed to adjust the bc) I was able to hit a 3 moa plate consistently from 200 to 1k yards. The wind kept changing which added a fun element! I'm really liking the Anarchy vertical grip too. More comfortable then several AR grips I've tried.View attachment 6947352
Awesome photo. I am glad you are loving the girp. Please tag us on instagram @anarchyoutdoors.

I dropped my bolt and dented the lug that contains the extractor. I polished out to where it functions, but now its not 100% on extraction. Anyone know where i can get a new bolt? Preferably a small firing pin.
Thanks

I dropped my bolt and dented the lug that contains the extractor. I polished out to where it functions, but now its not 100% on extraction. Anyone know where i can get a new bolt? Preferably a small firing pin.
Thanks
Call Ruger to see whether they can take care of it.

I called ruger. They will replace the bolt, but i need to send in the rifle with the original barrel. They are sending a new extractor, spring, and ball. Hopefully that fixes it.
I had to polish out the raceway and the extractor rib to get it to not stick open. I fear i took too much, as now if i dont cycle the bolt moderatly fast, it drops the round on the mag below.

Reactions: 10ring1
Sweet paint job! Wish I had the balls to paint mine but just can't do it yet

Sweet paint job! Wish I had the balls to paint mine but just can't do it yet

Not the best picture but I just used brake cleaner and krylon. Brake cleaned all the metal, then put 3 or 4 lite coats on. You can always take it off with some paint thinner.

Attachments

• 03098BAF-4E06-4EF8-B877-8F2437006445.jpeg
    03098BAF-4E06-4EF8-B877-8F2437006445.jpeg
    408.6 KB · Views: 124
Anybody lighten up the spring in the bolt release? Do you replace it or clip a coil or two?
Way too stiff for one hand release.

Anybody lighten up the spring in the bolt release? Do you replace it or clip a coil or two?
Way too stiff for one hand release.

If you’re seriously having to use two hands to push the bolt release then there’s a problem with the fit/function and not the spring. I doubt anyone makes an aftermarket spring so if it’s just that stiff and you’ve eliminated rough edges or poor fitment I’d just clip it.

I love my rpr it's bone stock at present 308 20'' barrel 1/10 twist . I have had not reason to change anything yet in future may get a better barrel but other wise everything is nice . I guess it could be better, but have only ever seen 1 other in 6.5 . Still has a lot of shooting in it which is what i wanted think we put 5000 rounds through it so far , furthest distance is only 600 yards , But cant hardly wait to get to a longer range .

Reactions: Bender
^ On my gen 1 .308, mines pretty stiff too, but I don’t really whip it out often enough to do anything about it. Giggity

Has anyone had any problems mounting a seekins cantilever mount on the rpr stock rail?
Not a seekins but I tried an ADM cantilever mount and it pushed the scope too far forward. I pulled it off and replaced it with a LaRue OBR Mount. Much better eye relief and a more natural position and cheek weld for me.

My seekins will not tighten down on the rail. It will on a seekins rail and it will on my ar rail, but on my rpr, no matter how tight the screws are, the mount will still slide forward and backward a small amount.

My seekins will not tighten down on the rail. It will on a seekins rail and it will on my ar rail, but on my rpr, no matter how tight the screws are, the mount will still slide forward and backward a small amount.
I would bet your pic rail on your RPR is out of spec. Make sure the pic rail itself is mounted tight to the top of the receiver. Mine was loose from the factory. There are 4 machine screws. There are reports of the pic rails being less then the 20 MOA as advertised. I started a thread on this a couple weeks ago here and there’s some great info on how to measure yours to see if it’s correct. If your rail is machined too narrow then that’s another issue only fixable by replacement. Thankfully Ruger will take care of you and you can probably just ship the rail back instead of the whole rifle. If mine was bad I probably woukd replace it with an aftermarket upgrade then the factory piece but that’s just my opinion. Since my rail is in spec and has the proper taper I am using in. Let us know what you figure out.

I would bet your pic rail on your RPR is out of spec. Make sure the pic rail itself is mounted tight to the top of the receiver. Mine was loose from the factory. There are 4 machine screws. There are reports of the pic rails being less then the 20 MOA as advertised. I started a thread on this a couple weeks ago here and there’s some great info on how to measure yours to see if it’s correct. If your rail is machined too narrow then that’s another issue only fixable by replacement. Thankfully Ruger will take care of you and you can probably just ship the rail back instead of the whole rifle. If mine was bad I probably woukd replace it with an aftermarket upgrade then the factory piece but that’s just my opinion. Since my rail is in spec and has the proper taper I am using in. Let us know what you figure out.

Okay, kind of what I was thinking. I have heard the reports of the rail not being a true 20 but not that they have been to thin. Makes sense that it won't tighten up. I'll have to measure it but I'll probably just replace it. Thank you for the input. I appreciate it.

Okay, kind of what I was thinking. I have heard the reports of the rail not being a true 20 but not that they have been to thin. Makes sense that it won't tighten up. I'll have to measure it but I'll probably just replace it. Thank you for the input. I appreciate it.

It’s not a true 20 moa, mine wasn’t anyway. Don’t know the exact measure of angle but it’s less. It may have to do with the upper mount. When I bought a 40 moa rail and installed it I only got 6 more mils of elevation which roughly equates to 20 moa. This tells me the plane of the upper that the rail mounts to may not be level. Make sure you take it off, clean the crap under it and blue loctite the 8-40 screws to 28in lbs.

Reactions: spatrick02
What was your trigger pull out of the box? Mine breaks @ 2.4lbs. I don't know if that's as light as it will go and havn't really looked into adjusting it.