• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Ruger RPR barrel nut

1bamashooter

Wompuscat
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2006
West Alabama
My buddy bought a PVA barrel with barrel nut for his RPR he was unable to remove the barrel with a armorers wrench so it had to be machined off. The PVA barrel nut will not allow the hand guard to go back on the rifle. He's called Ruger and of course they won't send him a barrel nut 🙄 Anybody know of a work around for this?

Have you tried to contact PVA directly? Are you sure you have an RPR nut and not a Ruger American nut?

Maybe throw a picture up showing what the issue is.

Last edited:
He talked to PVA and they said their barrel nut won't work with the factory handguard. He recommended the Lancer or Seekins but only certain ones of those will fit it. 🙄

If you do a search Seekins make their own barrel nut to fit their forearm it might be your only way to go, i found it on google search for RPR barrel nut

Is the Seekins you linked to for the RPR? The one they show for the RPR doesn't include the barrel nut and a standard AR barrel nut doesn't fit the RPR

I had to switch my hand guard after my first barrel switch with the midwest 15" hamdguard. No issues. also you will have to shave the plate that locks into the old barrel nut. I used a bench grinder to grind it down flush.