• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger RPR vs Tikka T3 Tac A1

Not much experience with a Tikka, but great rifles from what I hear. I'm Bias to a Ruger but with all things equal...I agrees with getting the RPR and having money to invest in other necessities.

I recently purchased an RPR in 6.5 PRC and have decided to sell for a tikka in 6.5CM.

I went to my local gun store and they happened to have both. I checked both out. The Tikka felt nicer, and the cheek weld felt more natural. I have not fired the ruger or the tikka. It will be a few weeks before I can get out with my new tikka tac a1

I went to my local gun store and they happened to have both. I checked both out. The Tikka felt nicer, and the cheek weld felt more natural. I have not fired the ruger or the tikka....
Same, a few weeks ago. There was also the smooth Tikka bolt and trigger....
I ended up buying a lighter weight rifle in a more traditional configuration, though.

I had both ... sold the Ruger ... never looked back. The Tikka is definitely a better-made product. That seemed obvious to me when I felt and shot them side-by-side.

Reactions: 260284