• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rugged AR Riser

Rerun7

Furious George
Minuteman
  • Feb 18, 2017
    Fayetteville, Arkansas
    Who makes the most solid riser for an AR? I saw the Unity Tactical version but are there any others to throw in the mix?

I need to raise the height on a thermal so cantilevers/rings aren’t possible.

Its pretty old tech and is annoying to take on and off, but I’ve got a Leupold Mk 1(?) that has been great. Not sure if they are actually being produced but I found mine at SWFA.

I use it to raise my optic up a bit myself as I couldn’t find a riser high enough that I liked at the time.
    933D2B5D-82D9-475C-B667-AF6DCF9D4603.jpeg

Didn‘t know about the Badger rail linked above. I’d totally get that if more elevation was needed.

Last edited:
    I have a Midwest industries riser and it is very sturdy. You slide in into the rail and secure it in place with some bolts. Very rigid and very tight. Might have to tap it into place with a rubber mallet.

Reactions: Rerun7
    I don’t believe ADM offers a straight riser

My fault, I was thinking of a five inch

Yeah I figured, I guess this would be good for someone who only needed a tiny QD rail for some reason.

The other mounts linked in this thread appear to be more in line for proper scope use like you’re mentioning.

I may try that Larue with the vfm if I can’t find a unity tactical soon. My thermal already has qd so I’d prefer not to put a qd on another qd.

I may try that Larue with the vfm if I can’t find a unity tactical soon. My thermal already has qd so I’d prefer not to put a qd on another qd.
    I went the way cheaper route with the YHM, it holds zero but I do not think that it will return to zero. If I decide to replace it, i‘ll buy the badger or egw.