• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rugger m77 mkii chambered 6.5 Creedmoor

bryan308ftw

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2010
I am extremely interested in this rifle. I have a Ruger m77 international chambered in .243. I love this rifle, i love the action, the m77's Mauser style action is flawless.

I cannot find the m77 creedmoor with a 28'' barrel anywhere. But a 26'' and 24'' variants are available. I believe the 28'' m77 is called the "Ruger M77 mkii Target rifle" while the 26 & 24'' models are not considered "target". is the 28'' barrel worth it when it comes to delivering the 6.5 creedmoor to a distance? how do 26'' or 24'' barrels perform with the 6.5 creedmoor. Should i be patient and wait to come across a 28"? The barrel size does not bother me, im not going to be lugging this rifle around in the woods, it will be for the range only. and if i do take this thing out for distance hunting it'll be @ the right place and right time for something w/ a 28'' barrel

Re: Rugger m77 mkii chambered 6.5 Creedmoor

nice rifle, i like the color of the wood stock.

but is there a performance difference when shooting the creedmoor thru a 26 or 28'' barrel. Iv seen some backordered 28'' rugerm77 creedmoor's @ around $700. the one you linked me to is $900 is there a reason? 24 & 26'' m77 creedmoors are priced at about $600.

That is MSRP and not street price.

I would get a 28" barrel. It's what I have on my custom 6.5 Creedmoor. You can always find a used Rem700 .308 and rebarrel it with a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel. Will run a little more than the factory Ruger but will be a better rifle too.

Rob is right, that is the MSRP. Don't know about your dealer but my price thru my dealer would be $731.

true itll prob round down to about that through one of my dealers. thanks for the info. Im digging the idea about converting a rem700 to the creedmoor.