• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rural road, high speed, need info.

MrSmith

Private
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2009
4<
Evening,

We live on a nice rural 2 lane county road, speed limit is 35. Along with the 50 mph drivers, about 4 or 5 times a week we get someone doing 60 to 70 roaring by. I am looking for something, along the game camera idea, that I can mount to a post, that will record date, time, speed and direction. Photo nice but not really important. Able to get data at night. Then I copy off the data, or download the info and sort it, Excel style, so I can let the local constabulary know the best time to show up for coffee.

A real live speed camera is 8 to15K. My budget is $500 or so. Labradar won't go that slow.

Does anyone know of a something that will do this?

Thank you,
MrSmith

mind-your-own-business-mind-your-business.gif

Radar of any sort is likely off the table. Two cameras with accurate time stamping placed a measured distance apart (whatever your jurisdiction uses for aerial speed measurement) would likely suffice.

Op feel your pain. My issue would be the police cars. Is a shortcut they love using every single night. Thought about those speed bumps lag bolted in……. It is 35mph but they roll though here 70 loke it’s nothing. interested keeping my freedom and stuff so speed bumps out.

Reactions: deersniper
Op feel your pain. My issue would be the police cars. Is a shortcut they love using every single night. Thought about those speed bumps lag bolted in……. It is 35mph but they roll though here 70 loke it’s nothing. interested keeping my freedom and stuff so speed bumps out.
So put it in front of the neighbor’s house…..

Evening,

We live on a nice rural 2 lane county road, speed limit is 35. Along with the 50 mph drivers, about 4 or 5 times a week we get someone doing 60 to 70 roaring by. I am looking for something, along the game camera idea, that I can mount to a post, that will record date, time, speed and direction. Photo nice but not really important. Able to get data at night. Then I copy off the data, or download the info and sort it, Excel style, so I can let the local constabulary know the best time to show up for coffee.

A real live speed camera is 8 to15K. My budget is $500 or so. Labradar won't go that slow.

Thank you,
MrSmith
Generally, you can request a presence patrol in your area by just asking for one and explaining your concerns. This may or may not get you very far, though (depending on staffing, geographical size of the jurisdiction, and time of day/op tempo for that shift).

You may be able to hire a police officer for an off-duty gig. Its all done on the up and up through the department, if they have sufficiemt staff (any peace officer in your state can do it, so check with county and state if the local agency can't accommodate).

As for data gathering, you already seem to know when someone is driving 70mph on your street. So why not just record dates and times in a notebook? If you see a pattern, there's your answer.

Generally, you can request a presence patrol in your area by just asking for one and explaining your concerns.

Decades ago a friend joined the local PD. One day he was directed to setup a speedtrap in one of the more upscale neighborhoods because the residents were complaining about speeding vehicles (25 MPH zone). He said he had written about seven or eight citations, all for more than 10 over when his sergeant called and pulled him off the detail. Seems the mayor had gotten several calls from residents complaining about the speedtrap.

Let me guess . You let your kids play in the street cause you think a public road is their playground.
Since you seem to have that much time on your hands that you can sit around gathering intel on people , then maybe you can also hang out in front of Walmart and take notes on who isn't wearing their mask !

A couple of cars a week doing high speed? Ignore it and welcome to the country….

see post 2 above.

If you must be “that guy” stop by PD and ask that they run radar or set up a radar cart.

Or you could go “Full Karen” and get some of those ghey-a$$ed little “drive like your kids live here” signs or one of the Made In China little green midget crossing guard lawn ornaments and everyone in town will know you went full Karen. Never go Full Karen.

It’s a rural road. Leave it alone.

Sirhr

Despite the jabs at you I understand. Its all fun until somebody gets killed, which s exactly what will happen. Ive seen it. Same thing happened in my AO, young punk pissed off at his girlfriend, flying down a country road about 70 hit a car with a mother and two kids. Killed all of them including the young punk. The locals had spoken to the cops a number of times but told "We're understaffed."

Btw . Live in a small town of 3000 people .
We just had a neighbor right up the road standing in his yard close to the road . Car comes flying by , neighbor yells at him shaking his fist telling him to" slow down ".
Car bust a u turn and runs the neighbor down in his front yard. He's basically a vegetable in the hospital. Even if he's able to recover enough to walk again he will be disabled to the point he will never enjoy life the way he did before .
They caught the peice of shit but the damage is already done .
Just be aware you go Karen on someone and you better be ready for what comes back at ya .

For those of you that don’t live in the country and aren’t use to driving on gravel “You don’t stop as fast on gravel as you do pavement”. So when you pop over a hill and the neighbors dog is out by the road or the farmers cows got out something is getting killed or f’d up. It pisses me off because dumb asses won’t put the blame on the assholes driving double the speed limit on gravel but will tell us country folk to control your pets and cattle. I’m sure the same people that live in the city would have a problem with people racing their cars down your private streets were your kids are out side playing.

My dead end road is still widely know as "Possum Holler Drag Strip". Welcome to rural 'Merica. The upside is I'm free to do what I want with my land, shoot off the front porch and generally do what I want.

Sounds like you already have a radar gun....I mean you clocked them at 70mph right? Or did you judge their speed by the way the Johnson grass, laid down side the road as they went by?

Just moved out of the city huh?

What you need is a meth operation just accross the fence from you, or better yet, just accross the road.

This is rural America, get used to it or go back from where you come.

Around here, you can request a study be done. It's simply 2 long rubber hoses hooked to a box off to the side. The two tubes are nailed into the road, parallel to each other, about a foot apart. It measures the time between each one being run over and calculates the speed and records it. They normally leave them out for a few days, then come get it all and take the data back and feed the info to whoever needs it (Traffic for signs, speed bumps, etc, or Police for speed traps).

You might check with your county departments and see if they offer anything similar.

You pay taxes right? Then why do you need to present a study to the county? Go speak with the neighbors and have everyone that has an issue contact the Sheriff. In my neck of the woods the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Lucky for us the Sheriff position is still elected and he will do what it takes to get reelected.

Reactions: diverdon
For those of you that don’t live in the country and aren’t use to driving on gravel “You don’t stop as fast on gravel as you do pavement”. So when you pop over a hill and the neighbors dog is out by the road or the farmers cows got out something is getting killed or f’d up. It pisses me off because dumb asses won’t put the blame on the assholes driving double the speed limit on gravel but will tell us country folk to control your pets and cattle. I’m sure the same people that live in the city would have a problem with people racing their cars down your private streets were your kids are out side playing.
Yea, cause everyone drives the speed limit in the city. :rolleyes:

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
im truthfully confused by the responses on this thread

personally i drive faster than most and would be one of the offenders so im staying out of that part

but this site is all about follow the law, eye for a eye, community is stronger than government, stand up for whats right etc

and most if not all are deliberately telling him to do nothing about it, and deal with it

yet if the speeding car hits your wife and kills her on the way home for work, there will be a thread about how he should be hung at the town square and cops need to do their jobs, please send prayers etc

happens in my area once in a while, im populated suburb but there are a few roads that are fun to jump once in a while

usually the people on that street go to the cops and they put a car there for a while

We are gonna need more information before we can provide viable information. (Yea, I know, you have already received excellent advice.)

Anyway -

Is there a passing lane?

Is someone (a tractor perhaps?) driving really really slow in the right hand lane?

Is the individual speeding justified in driving over the speed limit in order to successfully pass the tractor?

Are other vehicles (a combine perhaps?) "drifting" the tractor?

So much additional information needed in order for this thread to reach five pages or so.

We are gonna need more information before we can provide viable information. (Yea, I know, you have already received excellent advice.)

Anyway -

Is there a passing lane?

Is someone (a tractor perhaps?) driving really really slow in the right hand lane?

Is the individual speeding justified in driving over the speed limit in order to successfully pass the tractor?

Are other vehicles (a combine perhaps?) "drifting" the tractor?

So much additional information needed in order for this thread to reach five pages or so.
I would add

Is the individual speeding using moa or mils ?

Does said individual prefer Popeyes chicken sandwiches or Chic fil la ?

• Haha
Reactions: Yasherka
im truthfully confused by the responses on this thread

personally i drive faster than most and would be one of the offenders so im staying out of that part

but this site is all about follow the law, eye for a eye, community is stronger than government, stand up for whats right etc

and most if not all are deliberately telling him to do nothing about it, and deal with it

yet if the speeding car hits your wife and kills her on the way home for work, there will be a thread about how he should be hung at the town square and cops need to do their jobs, please send prayers etc

happens in my area once in a while, im populated suburb but there are a few roads that are fun to jump once in a while

usually the people on that street go to the cops and they put a car there for a while

You know you are right.

OP. Spike strip that mother fucker!

No. What happens is this.
A bunch of Karen's get up the laws dander.
Next thing you know, we have new laws in the county that no one wanted, except some folks that liked the area and decided to leave the rat race and oppressive codes that they foisted upon their neighbors elsewhere.

Does your wife play in the road?

You are responsible for your animals.

I live on the same kind of road.
The neighbors do talk about the road. The discussion centers around keeping our animals locked up and being careful pulling onto the road. You know why? Cause everyone speeds.

I actually want the beach traffic that comes through here to go as fast as possible. If they go too slow they might stay. Then the next thing you know, there's a New Yorker setting up his very own speed trap. Next thing you know, he will be complaining about the smell from the chicken houses.

Yeah...I've seen this before.

Again. When you've got a fucking meth house 100yds away...then you have problems that need solutions.

Decades ago a friend joined the local PD. One day he was directed to setup a speedtrap in one of the more upscale neighborhoods because the residents were complaining about speeding vehicles (25 MPH zone). He said he had written about seven or eight citations, all for more than 10 over when his sergeant called and pulled him off the detail. Seems the mayor had gotten several calls from residents complaining about the speedtrap.
This is always the case. Residents think all the violations are committed by out of towners. Roughly 75% of those stopped are residents. No matter though, the problem gets solved either way.

@MrSmith, just start off with the traffic complaint. I dont know how your locals agency is, but when we get assigned those its usually pretty productive. Every stop and outcome gets documented, and we continue day after day for a period of time. Be specific, the more info the better.

Reactions: Anb618
You guys that say talk to the sheriff must have a good one.
I’ve called mine twice. I live in the country next house is 3/4 a mile away.
Used to work 2nd shift came home one night to a drunk on the front porch no car around. Waited an hour then I sprayed his ass with the hose and he sobered up and called a ride. Sheriff never showed.
2nd time cold winter day see a guy walking down the road in just a jacket. He’s coming up from the south closest house that way is 3 miles. He walks up the drive.
He starts towards the car not the house. I step out to talk to him.
Notice both hands have busted knuckles and something isn’t right. Claims his car is broken down just down the road. Wants a ride back to it.. I offer to call the sheriff to help him. He freaks out.
He used my phone to call a friend.
He leaves back the way he came. I call the sheriff anyway again never shows.

to the ones that think the sheriff is going to help , good luck!

This thread reminds me of my childhood in the mid 1970's. We lived in a rural area and we had dirt and gravel mix roads. A neighbor's kid had a VW that had mud tires on the rear and after rains had softened up the road, he would cut ruts, do donuts, etc., right in front of our house. My dad, who has always been foolishly fearless, put his pistol in his waistband and went out, stopped the driver and did not ask, but told him to stop ripping up the road. The kid was a smart mouth, so my dad pulls the pistol and tells the kid that if he catches him doing it again, he'll put a bullet in all four tires. The kid races off, but we never see him, again. Evidently the kid, or his parents called the sheriff's office and complained. A deputy came out and lightly scolded my dad, but no citation, etc. Today, the SWAT team would have been deployed and my dad would have been arrested and probably done jail time. Times have changed.

Look around your hood and find some senile Old Fart with a Pickup and a twice barrel shotgun and give him a Badge.
He can park along there somewhere and when he sees a speeder coming he gets out and fires 2 shots over them, reloads the shotgun and digs his Badge out of his pocket, stops them, and writes them a ticket out with his crayon on his Big Cheif tablet and collects the money on the spot for the speeding violation.
That will fix those dirty fuckers and give the Old Fart more beer money than he could ever have imagined.

Evening,

Thank you,
MrSmith

How do you know that 35 mph is a proper speed limit for your road? Did you review the engineering study that was used to set it? Does one even exist?

Most speed limits in America have zero fucking to do with safety, or are set arbitrarily with no objective basis behind it.

Roads are for cars. Not for bicycles, kids playing, pedestrians, farm animals, etc.

I live in a similar road. I drive home at 5-10mph over the speed limit because it is dead straight and the houses are about 100yds off the road so who cares. One day a distant neighbor like you was sitting in the road, reading his mail and blocking the lane of travel. I simply passed him. He became enraged and chased me trying to ram my car. I drove him to a remote abandoned gravel pit and he got out of his car screaming about how he was going to race by my house now that he knew where I lived. His choice of weapons was inadequate and I inspired him to leave me alone.

Before you do something dumber than usual, call the non-emergency line to whatever law enforcement agency covers your area. Complain about speeders and have useful information. The typical time of day, a description of the car or cars, speeds you estimate they are traveling and ask for a courtesy patrol. Or be a douchebag and get one of those green plastic kids with a flag that says "Slow down". Get a game camera and have 1200 car pictures a week. You can always be that douche who runs out the end of his driveway or side street without stopping and forces cars to slow down or swerve to avoid him, people love that guy.

We have teenagers who are spinning doughnuts in the frigging intersections like the hoodrats from Youtube and that sucks. Luckily they grow up or die in accidents. The last crop of young assholes(about 5 years ago) were trying to drift on the gravel road that goes past my house with one idiot hanging out of the window. The window idiot hit a tree on my property with his head and chest at about 2am and laid in the street while his friends filmed him and laughed. Two miles away at the other end of the road, some idiot collected up a 100ft tall tree in some ladies from yard and croaked himself, a drunk. She had breakfast on the porch watching them haul off the copse. she smiled and waved at my wife and I as we trolled by gawking. The tree is doing fine, btw. Maybe you wait and this problem fixes itself?

We just had a neighbor right up the road standing in his yard close to the road . Car comes flying by , neighbor yells at him shaking his fist telling him to" slow down

99% of assholes like him have no fucking idea of how fast the car they yelled at was going.

I'm not saying he deserved what he got, but yeah, he's an asshole.

For the last 11 years I've commuted 35 miles to work and back, all on rural roads (state and/or county highways).

Country drivers are asshats. Let me count the ways
  • Some have plenty of room in their drive to turn around but decide to back up out of their driveway into a state highway
  • They sit in their car facing the wrong way picking up their fucking mail
  • Some tailgate the fuck out of you if you think you're too slow
  • Some drive 10 - 15 under the limit
  • Most drive with their tires right on the road centerline. I'm very good at playing chicken and I haven't lost
  • Many are texting, swerving like assholes and have caused more than a few fatal head on collisions
  • Running four way stops is rampant, again, resulting in several fatal t-bones
And more. It's safer driving around Dayton or Cincinnati than it is in the country.

ETA a few more I remembered on the drive home
  • They will race you to the stop sign if they see you approaching on a crossing road
  • The go around curves drifting over the centerline. I've actually crossed the line in return when I see one who does it really bad, like halfway into my lane.
I truly think that my chances of having to shoot someone in self defense are higher out driving in the country than walking at night through Harrison township in north Dayton

Last edited:
County road? Not much going to happen but maybe one day pulling one of them off the flattened phone pole. What's the daily traffic load? Big difference between a lightly traveled road and a heavily traveled road as far as getting any "attention" on the problem...and is it really worth it? Who's at risk? How many?

However, I take a different view in my area. 25mph in the "subdivision" and routinely people who themselves have small children are blasting through here at 40-45 mph. Full throttle accel at times.

Then the main 4 lane road which is lined with subdivisions on each side, posted 45. Routinely 75. Subdivision turn-outs every 1/8 mile or so. It got so bad that when my dog was still with me we couldn't cross the street - crosswalks meant nothing. They have finally put one stoplight up on the now blind turn (another subdivision). Twice back when I was still driving into work, driving home from work, a Camaro and a Mustang had a drag race - 5:30PM, doing at least 100, maybe upwards of 110. I knew where these idiots lived as well. Passed me faster than a Porsche GT3 RSR at Sebring when I was still tracking my car!!!

Same road, when dog was alive, a girl just veered off the road in her Mitsubishi econo box, jumped the curb and put 2 wheels up on the grass and right against sidewalk about 150 feet in front of me. My dog never wanted to walk that strip again. Smart dog. Idiot driver.

Sometimes one really does need to call the cops; but in a rural area....much high priority and lower risk.

Reactions: 308pirate
County road? Not much going to happen but maybe one day pulling one of them off the flattened phone pole. What's the daily traffic load? Big difference between a lightly traveled road and a heavily traveled road as far as getting any "attention" on the problem...and is it really worth it? Who's at risk? How many?

However, I take a different view in my area. 25mph in the "subdivision" and routinely people who themselves have small children are blasting through here at 40-45 mph. Full throttle accel at times.

Then the main 4 lane road which is lined with subdivisions on each side, posted 45. Routinely 75. Subdivision turn-outs every 1/8 mile or so. It got so bad that when my dog was still with me we couldn't cross the street - crosswalks meant nothing. They have finally put one stoplight up on the now blind turn (another subdivision). Twice back when I was still driving into work, driving home from work, a Camaro and a Mustang had a drag race - 5:30PM, doing at least 100, maybe upwards of 110. I knew where these idiots lived as well. Passed me faster than a Porsche GT3 RSR at Sebring when I was still tracking my car!!!

Exactly

The last crop of young assholes(about 5 years ago) were trying to drift on the gravel road that goes past my house with one idiot hanging out of the window. The window idiot hit a tree on my property with his head and chest at about 2am and laid in the street while his friends filmed him and laughed.

That's what's truly disturbing about society and the "young people" today, they have absolutely no compassion or humanity or concern. All they care about is being "entertained" and the more somebody gets hurt, actually the more they like it.

That's why I like animals so much better than most folks. You see some animal hurt, (that is not of a solitary type species), and there is a good chance there is a group of their peers trying to help them, trying to keep predators away, trying to comfort them, trying to drag them out of harm's way.

So when humans can't even be as decent as birds, monkeys, dogs, cows, deer etc, you kind of tend to think of those types as wastes of air that would be better off being fertilizer to help the animals. Especially if they can help the animals twice.... Once for hungry animals that eat meat... then when processed into "fertilizer" by said digestive systems, helping plants to grow bigger/better/faster so the vegetation eating animals can be happy.

But then again, I'm a bit of a cynic these days...

You know you are right.

OP. Spike strip that mother fucker!

No. What happens is this.
A bunch of Karen's get up the laws dander.
Next thing you know, we have new laws in the county that no one wanted, except some folks that liked the area and decided to leave the rat race and oppressive codes that they foisted upon their neighbors elsewhere.

Does your wife play in the road?

You are responsible for your animals.

I live on the same kind of road.
The neighbors do talk about the road. The discussion centers around keeping our animals locked up and being careful pulling onto the road. You know why? Cause everyone speeds.

I actually want the beach traffic that comes through here to go as fast as possible. If they go too slow they might stay. Then the next thing you know, there's a New Yorker setting up his very own speed trap. Next thing you know, he will be complaining about the smell from the chicken houses.

Yeah...I've seen this before.

Again. When you've got a fucking meth house 100yds away...then you have problems that need solutions.

almost all of the "new laws" are already in place they are not enforced...good or bad

people have to understand what happened yesterday is not guaranteed to happen tomorrow

change is constant and at a certain point in time when the "minority" becomes the majority the country does not live by the old minorities wants

if the chicken houses smell but your neighbor can get 2x for his house by that same Karen

how long do you think he will hold out because he loves the country and feels the need to protect "your chicken house"...about 15 seconds

the entire planet has been explored and settled

the united states has more than 2x (almost 3X) amount of people it had at the end of WWII in the same land mass

"Karen" is coming, so one must adapt and become proficient at the same game "Karen" uses or you will be left behind

its really not that hard to understand

there is a speed limit
if you go over the speed limit you are breaking the law
break the law and there are consequences
if you dont like the law or the consequences then petition the town to change limit and or consequences
if that does not work
you have the original limit and consequences
take justice into your own hands and there are consequences, and most likely 10X the original for the infraction

• Haha
Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Buy a shotty old cop car. Sit in there and point a hair dryer at them.
That works and it's funny as shit. There's a little speed trap in Houghton, MI where people are always going 50 in a 35. The MI HP have dark royal blue cars with an old style 'cherry' on top. So, they parked a city maintenance truck of the same color in this turnout/parking lot where everyone speeds up. But it has a 'lemon' on top. Never-the-less, people are either hitting the brakes and/or not accelerating to 50. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

almost all of the "new laws" are already in place they are not enforced...good or bad

people have to understand what happened yesterday is not guaranteed to happen tomorrow

change is constant and at a certain point in time when the "minority" becomes the majority the country does not live by the old minorities wants

if the chicken houses smell but your neighbor can get 2x for his house by that same Karen

how long do you think he will hold out because he loves the country and feels the need to protect "your chicken house"...about 15 seconds

the entire planet has been explored and settled

the united states has more than 2x (almost 3X) amount of people it had at the end of WWII in the same land mass

"Karen" is coming, so one must adapt and become proficient at the same game "Karen" uses or you will be left behind

its really not that hard to understand

there is a speed limit
if you go over the speed limit you are breaking the law
break the law and there are consequences
if you dont like the law or the consequences then petition the town to change limit and or consequences
if that does not work
you have the original limit and consequences
take justice into your own hands and there are consequences, and most likely 10X the original for the infraction

So
"We are taking over, and there's nothing gonna stop us." Lol....okay.

If you ask for a courtesy patrol, be prepared to get the first ticket. Everyone does something wrong. Start practicing your turning signal use and true stops at stop signs.

So
"We are taking over, and there's nothing gonna stop us." Lol....okay.

all joking aside, what is being done about it

trump os out of office either legally or not...hes out

so possibly the rightful president is out of office and nothing is being done in front of the whole world...and you expect to stop it at a local level

oh wait, a bunch of fudds charged the capital in face paint who by the way are being arrested daily

a bunch of guys on a forum talking about the boogaloo with some home build AR's and canned goods

california is taking over texas making it dem in 2 election cycles possibly the next election

the northeast is migrating to the carolinas and florida

liberal states are not becoming more conservative

from my point of view its happening already and has been happening since the mid late 90's, people are finally waking up but its 20 years to late

yet the local rural guy thinks as long as he keeps his head down it wont show up on his doorstep, like its 1960 forever

again not saying right or wrong, but that is actual fact FWIW

I suggest dressing in the ubiquitous short sleeved, full length coverall. Dark blue, tan or olive green are the most popular colors.

Sit yourself safely by the road in a fold out lawn chair at the most probable time. A small fold out table is optional.

Enjoy your favorite beverage until the perpetrator comes down the road.

When the vehicle nears, stand up and angrily shake your fist at the driver.
Shouting obscenities is also optional.

Sit back down and continue to enjoy your beverage until the next customer comes by.

Just go buy a cheap tricycle and put it by the edge of the road, when these asshats see that trike they’ll slow way the fuck down trying to find the kid that it belongs to, the trick is to keep moving it to a different spot so they don’t get used to it.

Maybe move back into the City in California where you came from and see if things are more to your liking there?
We had a "New" neighbor, from California, that bought 1.3 acres and the old wisow's home when she died, 1 and a half miles East of me about 3 years ago.
Strange trippy cunt that put up a bunch of "SLOW DOWN" signs and wanted all of us to slow down to 20 MPH in front of her house.
She would stand out in front on the side of the road and wave her paddle sign at us and holler bad words at us no matter if you were driving a tractor and plow moving to the next field or a semi during harvest.
She ended up with most of us driving faster than normal just to piss her off and she registered complaints with the SO on all of us who have lived here all of our lives.
The Sheriff investigated and while there got a warrent and searched the place for an illegal grow of marijuana, more than 300 plants, and her ass landed in jail that night and later in prison after her trial. Fuck with the bull and get the horns.
The place is abandoned now and we still drive the way we always have.

I had them park one of those trailers that shows your speed. It was there for a week, a few days in each direction. The theory is they use the collected data to determine where to patrol more. Nada.

My street is 35 (and most drive 50 or so) because if it was the more realistic 45, then they'd all drive 60 or more. Even dump trucks and the occasional semi come flying thru.

Has been several serious accidents just outside my window in the short time I've lived here. One took out a tree and crashed into the house two up from me, narrowly missing the playset in the front yard. One came thru my yard, right between my mailbox and a very expensive decorative tree, hit one of the cars in my neighbors driveway, then drove off. They found a hubcap. Another spun out of control and crashed into my neighbor on the other side's driveway, taking out a bunch of bushes, a section of fence, and narrowly missing their car. Most recently, a woman took out a power pole directly across from my driveway - completely straight stretch of road and she managed to cross the opposing lane, fly over a yard, and hit the pole. If she hadn't hit the pole, she'd have likely gone into the bedroom of the house directly across from me.

Add to that I'm about a dozen properties up from railroad tracks you have to slow for (there have been multiple cars planted into the hill by those that didn't!), many drivers use this stretch as a race track and blast up here as fast as possible. Particularly late at night, and especially if their vehicle is "loud".

I'll never live on a "regular street" again.

Just go buy a cheap tricycle and put it by the edge of the road, when these asshats see that trike they’ll slow way the fuck down trying to find the kid that it belongs to, the trick is to keep moving it to a different spot so they don’t get used to it.
years ago prob 25-30

a bunch of older kids prob early 20's were tired of the street racing on a local road so they had the great idea of swinging watermelons across the road in the dark hoping a car would hit them and think it was a person

one moron kid took a turkey for effect and the car actually hit it, went through the ladys windshield and she died

kids were in jail for a long time