• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Rush movie

Z82deadeye

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2012
Utah
Saw it on Friday. I really enjoyed it and want to watch more F1 racing. Maybe travel somewhere to watch a race, even though I live by long beach and never been to Gran Prix. Anybody else watch this movie?

Yea this movie was awesome I kept saying Niki Lauda with an accent the rest of the day haha.

If you liked this Movie, there is another one that came out in 2010, its called Senna. Its about Ayerton (sp) Senna. Its a great F1 movie, and you get to see glimpses of Niki Lauda. Its not a cinematic movie, and most of the footage is archived race footage. but it is seriously a great movie. I however can not wait to see Rush.

I saw it yesterday. I remember that season well and Lauda's crash at Nurburgring. Hunt's nickname used to be Hunt the Shunt (shunt meaning crash). The race in Japan was the only one televised in the US that year - it was a mess.

Was neat to see the old cars again and I love the sounds those old F1 engines made. So much sweeter sounding than the modern F1 engines. Lot's of great scenery too.

I saw Nikki lauda accident when it happened but was only 9 years old at the time and not too interested, the movie brought back memories and was very well made, my wife enjoyed it a lot and she couldn't be less interested in any kind of racing.

I just saw this movie and thought it was great. I recommend it even if, like me, you aren't into car racing (I much prefer motorcycles).

Just watched it the other night , an excellent flick and a great story .
Like mentioned by another , Senna is a good documentary-ish flick and worth watching too.

I'll be the dissenter. I watched it, and thought is was just slightly better than ho hum. I almost turned it off. While the cinematography was fantastic, but who could enjoy it with those two arrogant assholes going back and forth. It was absolutely not my taste. As far as fun to watch, I would put it on par with Marley and Me.

When I watch a movie I want to be entertained. Anytime Oscar talk is involved you can almost alway be assured it will not entertain you.

TC

I know I'm late to the party, but I'll throw in my $.02. I thought the movie was ok, but was expecting a little more from Ron Howard. Maybe not more, maybe different.

I've been a long time open wheel fan but only started watching F1 5-6 years ago. I thought Senna was more interesting. Maybe because it was more educational for me. Not following the series, I never knew he was that good. And he owned Monaco.

If you liked Rush and Senna you'll probably like "1" as well. It's another documentary discussing the safety (or lack thereof) in the "golden era" of F1. Lots of commentary from the few surviving drivers. Those guys had stones.