• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing rustoleum

bbsharpshooter

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2010
has anyone tried it? i just picked up a can of the high temp 2000 degree enamel from rustoleum. its the first can of spray paint that i have seen that actually give directions to cure the enamel after you have applied it. im very happy about my results of the finish as it looks to be an ultra flat parkerized finish. now just to test the paints durability. i will post some pics a little later on.

Re: rustoleum

Worked fine on mine. Very durable. I'd not take the final cure as high as the can recommends for exhaust headers. You may get into annealing ranges with some steels.

I have had Rustoleum paint peel right off the mirror polish of a Lothar Walther barrel.

But it hangs on like glue to rough surfaces.

It ain't Cerakote, thats for sure. If you keep the solvents away from it and a can handy for touch-up, you'll always have a black rifle, though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bbsharpshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">has anyone tried it? i just picked up a can of the high temp 2000 degree enamel from rustoleum. its the first can of spray paint that i have seen that actually give directions to cure the enamel after you have applied it. im very happy about my results of the finish as it looks to be an ultra flat parkerized finish. now just to test the paints durability. i will post some pics a little later on. </div></div>
Cool. Let us know how that bbq grill turns out. jsut kidding. The durability will be greater do to the chemical makeup of the paint not including polymers of temperature sensitivity and instead using ceramics. This means a harder paint job.