• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S.A.C. Remington 700 Build in progress

Mgordon

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2007
Wellington, Ohio
www.shortactioncustoms.com
I had a chance to do some test firing on Friday to check out a few tweaks that I have applied to my chambering and barreling process. It looks like it worked!

The rifle is a Remington 700 trued in my shop with a Bartlein 308 1-11.25 5R barrel finished at 22". The barreled action was complete, but I threw it in an AICS off one of my personal rifles.

The first group was the first 3 rounds down the tube using Federal Gold Metal Match 175 which measured .148" at 100 yards. The next 5 were shots 4-8 with no cleaning using Cor-Bon Performance Match 175's at 100 yards also measuring a 4 shot group of .334".

It seems that just about every rifle I test fire loves the Federal GMM.

Mark

IMG_0613Large.jpg

IMG_0612Large.jpg

IMG_0627Large.jpg

IMG_0628Large.jpg

IMG_0629Large.jpg

Here are some pictures of the machining of chamber and barrel work before polishing.

IMG_0564Large.jpg

IMG_0568Large.jpg

Here are the pictures after some light polishing to soften the edges.

IMG_0574Large.jpg

IMG_0575Large.jpg

Re: S.A.C. Remington 700 Build in progress

That is a beautiful bit of work.

When you see SAC in the signature, you know that it will be a great bit of precision craftsmanship.

Nice Mark - can't wait to send you my rifle to tweak.

Mark,another great looking and shooting rifle. Still waiting on my barrel, it's been over 4 months now from Rock, not very happy with their CS. You'll be famous and most likely be swamped with work by the time I get the stuff to you.