• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes S&B 5-25 MTC Locking Turret Zeroing Issue

Gray

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2011
Garner, NC
Went to zero my new S&B 5-25 MTC with the new locking turrets. Got scope zeroed very quickly but when I went to set the turrets back to zero I could not do it. I pushed the lock down to remove the set screws, but then the turret would not spin freely or come straight up in both the locked and unlocked and unlocked position. How do you set these new turrets back to zero?

Re: S&B 5-25 MTC Locking Turret Zeroing Issue

You need to go read the directions, they are captured and not like the old DT turrets, you risk breaking the trying to remove the cap. The turret stays on, the 3rd screw permenantly holds it in place. If you remove it, you broke it.

Get the directions and don't try to wing it, they don't act like a typical turret.

Thanks Frank, I think I just realized that even though the clicks are still there, the reticle does not move when the screws are loosened.

Yeah it had me fooled at first as well, your not alone!