• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B 5-25 New MTC locking turrets issue/question

kazla

Private
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2008
Europe
Hi ALL

So I finally got my new scope a s&b 5-25 LP/MTC/LT with the new locking turrets... Now my question is how do you unscrew the turret cap. I have loosened the 2 screws, there is a 3rd hole but no screw in it.. The turret does not disengage (it still moves the reticle) and there seems to be no way I can pull it up like I can on my others with the old turret. Yes its on 1st rev. and yes its on 0. when I try. Can anyone enlighten me..

thanks in advance.

Kaz.

Re: S&B 5-25 New MTC locking turrets issue/question

No I have double and tripple checked the reticle still moves.. Also I cannot set a new zero...and it will not go past 0. Are you not supposed to lift up the turret like the manual says and like you do on the old turrets. If not how do I get it past 0.

Kaz

Those are new knobs. I have never owned and zeroed one so can't give any fist hand help but some advice to call S&B in the morning and ask. Better than possibly damaging something.

Really hoping someone here has some experience with them...Just need to know proper zeroing procedure as the manual enclosed in the box is an old one similar to the one I got in my older S&B scopes.

Kaz

Sako,
I have one and have been using it for a while. To get past zero you loosen the screws, dial elrvation, tighten the screws, and dial back down. You do not have to lift the knob. It works just like a dt knob but it still clicks when the knobs are slipped. I guess yours could be faulty, but this is not the first time this question has come up. Feel free to PM me if you want help over the phone.

Wade

Re: S&B 5-25 New MTC locking turrets issue/questio

I received my locking turret S&B about two weeks ago and initial adjustment was simple. Between a 30 moa rail and 18 moa mount the scope was within 0.3 mil out of the box so initial adjustment was minimal. I engaged the turret lock ring to expose the screws. There are 3 holes but only 2 contain screws. I backed out the two screws, lifted the lock ring rotated the turret 3 clicks pushed down the lock ring again to expose the screws, tightened them and it was done. It was easy and took maybe 2 minutes.