• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B Turrets

Re: S&B Turrets

Knob #1 is the MTC knob. More Tactile Clicks. I think that is only available in the 3-12x50 Milrad Illum scope. It is the Marine Corps variety, and adds a few hundred to the price tag IIRC.

Go figure... it cost more because the marines use it. You wouldn't happen to have a link to it for sale would ya?

I think I found it on Euro optic, $400 more than the other one.

The MTC knob is also available on a version of the 5-25x56 PMII with locking turrets, a Horus reticle, and it's painted Cerakote FDE.

The civilian version of the USMC SSDS (3-12x PMII with MTC and Gen II mil dot) can be found on SH for $2,500-3,000. You can probably order a new one through an S&B dealer, list is $3,500 I think. Check with Alex at EuroOptics.

Go with the standard dual turn knob instead of the one in your first post. The standard is easier to get where you need it. The MTC knob is tough to get to .1 or .2 mils at times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LukeUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go figure... it cost more because the marines use it. You wouldn't happen to have a link to it for sale would ya?

I think I found it on Euro optic, $400 more than the other one. </div></div>
Luke, there are two (2) USMC-spec 3-12X 50 (has the MTC Elevation Turret with the center that pops-up instead of the standard DT turret with the "windows") scopes up for sale here on the Hide'.

<span style="font-style: italic">Rob01</span> mentioned that the standard DT turret <span style="font-style: italic">"is easier to get where you need it"</span> and that <span style="font-style: italic">"The MTC knob is tough to get to .1 or .2 mils at times".</span> Both true, because the heavy detent at each MIL make it a bit touchy to hit the very next "click" without overshooting it when spinning the dial fast.

The standard DT turret with the windows lacks the MTC so it doesn't have this "problem", but lacks the pop-up on top of the turret that indicates you are on the second turn (only useful in the dark - maybe you need it maybe you don't).

Something else to consider is whether you want CW or CCW turrets. The USMC-spec scopes are CCW (Counterclockwise), where as the non-USMC-spec PMII 3-12Xs' are CW (Clockwise). The current price of a CW-to-CCW turret conversion is $450.00 U.S. I just received a newly converted PMII 5-25X back from S & B's new U.S. Service Center Thursday (converted from CW to CCW). I was quoted 4 weeks including delivery and my total time there and back was three (3) weeks. YMMV.

Neither of the scopes are mine nor do I know the sellers, but here are the links to <span style="font-style: italic">jerseymike</span>'s <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">schmidt and bender 3-12x50 mtc</span></span> and <span style="font-style: italic">kcshooter</span>'s <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">WTS:Schmidt & bender USMC spec </span>scope</span> threads.

Keith

True about the pop up on the MTC Keith but with 14 mils of elevation in one turn on the standard DT knob you really won't go to the second turn with most rounds. My .308 only takes 10.5 mils to 1000, my 6.5 Creedmoor is about 8.3 mils and my 300WM and .243 are 7.3 mils.

I have had 3 scopes with the MTC and 2 with the standard DT and much prefer the standard DT.

Good point Rob. I've only lobbed BH 175s' out to about 1,100 yards, so I've never dialed beyond the first turn of my 5-25Xs' shooting a .308.

I did have to dial in 20+ MILs shooting my MOA 10/22 to 400 yards using Wolf MT 40 grs. though!

MOA1022SBOverkill8x6.jpg

Keith