Rifle Scopes S&B USMC

duke54

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2008
The Twilight Zone
Which consumer model S&B is the closest match to the USMC model? Which reticle? Illuminated or not? Since I am too old and stupid to join and get the real thing I need your input. Thanks Gentlemen

19Scout77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2007
GA
Re: S&B USMC

You can get a identical scope, only without the 8541 markings. They were available for a while and come up every once and a while in the for sale ads. Put in a WTB ad and you may get lucky.

Their really isn't an equivalent model available new from S & B. The closest would be a 3-12 PM II illuminated with a mil-dot reticle of some fashion. I do not know for sure if you can get the double turn mil ccw knob, but I think not. It certainly will not be an MTC.

The two rifles in the middle are sporting the scope described above.

thegirls002.jpg

Powerstrokediesel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2008
North Whitehall, Pennsylvania

I recently contatced S&B with the same question and was told that the closest scope to the USMC is the 3–12 x 50 PM II MILITARY. This comes with the P4 Fine reticle.

Here are the specs on this scope that they sent me:

Construction
Aluminum tube, 34mm without rail
Hard anodized black surface
Illuminated reticle in first focal plane
Optical data
Magnification: 3 - 12x
Field of view at 100 m: 10.2m - 3.1m
Exit pupil: 14.3mm - 4.3mm
Eye relief distance: minimum 85mm
Twilight factor: 8.5 - 24.5
Light transmission: min. 90%, day and night
Diopter setting: +2 to -3
Elevation adjustment
Elevation increments: 1cm (0.1Mrad)
Elevation range: 220cm at 100m
Windage adjustment
Windage increments: 1cm per click
Windage range: ±60cm
General data
Parallax adjustable from 50m to infinity
Reticle illumination:
Settings 1-11: For use in low light conditions
Weight: 860g±
Waterproof to 3 m, 300 mbar inner pressure
Reticles
P4 Fine. This highly precise reticle features I Mil (3.6")
spacing between lines, equivalent to traditional Mil-dot
reticles. Users are reporting that they prefer the P4 Fine
to other Mil-dot configurations.
P.

wilshire1412

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 22, 2006
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

I recently bought a 3-12x50 PMII CCW MTC MIL/MIL with the Premier reticle second hand from Euro Optic due to Hide feedback regarding their service. These scopes do come up for sale used often enough, I saved a good sum over what these are at Retail new.

1luckeyt/a

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2010
Okinawa

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Their really isn't an equivalent model available new from S & B. The closest would be a 3-12 PM II illuminated with a mil-dot reticle of some fashion. I do not know for sure if you can get the double turn mil ccw knob, but I think not. It certainly will not be an MTC.

</div></div>
so the civilian versions don't come with mtc turrets?

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

thegirls002.jpg
</div></div>

Well someone sure hasn't slowed down since I first talked to them.... LOL

chili77

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2010
Austria

@19scout77: Sorry for posting the german website, but it's much better than the us version on civilian scopes. If you need any translation send me the link.
The police reticle is a mildot gen 1 with additional markings for range measuring.
Closest to a gen 2 would be a P4L or P4LF (fine). Earlier PR made the reticles for S&B and you could order a gen 2. I don't know if this is still available.

@1luckeyt/a: The civilian scopes come with MTC. They are quite new. The USMC has elevation dials made to their specs. I don't think the USMC is a MTC.

@duke54: If I were you I'd look for an original USMC. If I couldn't get one I would buy its "evolution" on the civilian market the: 3-20x50 PM II/LP/MTC/LT http://www.schmidtundbender.de/pm-ii/3-20x50-pm-ii-lp-mtc-lt-3.html.

Chili

19Scout77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2007
GA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well someone sure hasn't slowed down since I first talked to them.... LOL </div></div>

Hey Bro- I plateaued a while back. No new bolts-guns or glass for the foreseeable future--although the parts for my AR-10 build are slowly accumulating.

Make sure you get your ass up to ASC this fall!!

E-

chili77

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2010
Austria

Meanwhile I found out that the "original" USMC has a Mildot Gen 2.

Thanks to Fighthard.

Chili