• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

duke54

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2008
The Twilight Zone
Which consumer model S&B is the closest match to the USMC model? Which reticle? Illuminated or not? Since I am too old and stupid to join and get the real thing I need your input. Thanks Gentlemen

Re: S&B USMC

You can get a identical scope, only without the 8541 markings. They were available for a while and come up every once and a while in the for sale ads. Put in a WTB ad and you may get lucky.

Their really isn't an equivalent model available new from S & B. The closest would be a 3-12 PM II illuminated with a mil-dot reticle of some fashion. I do not know for sure if you can get the double turn mil ccw knob, but I think not. It certainly will not be an MTC.

The two rifles in the middle are sporting the scope described above.

thegirls002.jpg

I recently contatced S&B with the same question and was told that the closest scope to the USMC is the 3–12 x 50 PM II MILITARY. This comes with the P4 Fine reticle.

Here are the specs on this scope that they sent me:

Construction
Aluminum tube, 34mm without rail
Hard anodized black surface
Illuminated reticle in first focal plane
Optical data
Magnification: 3 - 12x
Field of view at 100 m: 10.2m - 3.1m
Exit pupil: 14.3mm - 4.3mm
Eye relief distance: minimum 85mm
Twilight factor: 8.5 - 24.5
Light transmission: min. 90%, day and night
Diopter setting: +2 to -3
Elevation adjustment
Elevation increments: 1cm (0.1Mrad)
Elevation range: 220cm at 100m
Windage adjustment
Windage increments: 1cm per click
Windage range: ±60cm
General data
Parallax adjustable from 50m to infinity
Reticle illumination:
Settings 1-11: For use in low light conditions
Weight: 860g±
Waterproof to 3 m, 300 mbar inner pressure
Reticles
P4 Fine. This highly precise reticle features I Mil (3.6")
spacing between lines, equivalent to traditional Mil-dot
reticles. Users are reporting that they prefer the P4 Fine
to other Mil-dot configurations.
P.

I recently bought a 3-12x50 PMII CCW MTC MIL/MIL with the Premier reticle second hand from Euro Optic due to Hide feedback regarding their service. These scopes do come up for sale used often enough, I saved a good sum over what these are at Retail new.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Their really isn't an equivalent model available new from S & B. The closest would be a 3-12 PM II illuminated with a mil-dot reticle of some fashion. I do not know for sure if you can get the double turn mil ccw knob, but I think not. It certainly will not be an MTC.

</div></div>
so the civilian versions don't come with mtc turrets?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

thegirls002.jpg
</div></div>

Well someone sure hasn't slowed down since I first talked to them.... LOL

@19scout77: Sorry for posting the german website, but it's much better than the us version on civilian scopes. If you need any translation send me the link.
The police reticle is a mildot gen 1 with additional markings for range measuring.
Closest to a gen 2 would be a P4L or P4LF (fine). Earlier PR made the reticles for S&B and you could order a gen 2. I don't know if this is still available.

@1luckeyt/a: The civilian scopes come with MTC. They are quite new. The USMC has elevation dials made to their specs. I don't think the USMC is a MTC.

@duke54: If I were you I'd look for an original USMC. If I couldn't get one I would buy its "evolution" on the civilian market the: 3-20x50 PM II/LP/MTC/LT http://www.schmidtundbender.de/pm-ii/3-20x50-pm-ii-lp-mtc-lt-3.html.

Chili

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well someone sure hasn't slowed down since I first talked to them.... LOL </div></div>

Hey Bro- I plateaued a while back. No new bolts-guns or glass for the foreseeable future--although the parts for my AR-10 build are slowly accumulating.

Make sure you get your ass up to ASC this fall!!

E-

Meanwhile I found out that the "original" USMC has a Mildot Gen 2.

Thanks to Fighthard.

Chili