• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors ?'s for 762-SDN-6 owners

solvovir

just a guy
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2012
Aledo TX
So I realize for a for a bolt gun, the 762-sdn6 isnt the best choice. Something like a beast or YHM might have been better, but 11 months ago (still waiting...) when I made the purchase, all I had was gas guns and it seemed like the best choice.

So my question is for those of you who do have this can, How does it effect your gun in terms of POI shift (especially at long distances) and any noticeable difference in accuracy?
Whats the farthest youve shot to with this can?

Thx

Re: ?'s for 762-SDN-6 owners

I Have only shot this can out to 200 but I use it strictly on my gas guns. Yes it could work on my bolt guns but its far more fun to buy a dedicated suppressor for them. Save up and get a high quality thread on of your choice and you won't regret it. I had an Elite Iron made for use on my bolt guns as they are all heavy bench shot rigs. The only rifles I go shoot in odd environments is my gas guns.

I have one dedicated to my rem 5R. I have no regrets. It's a 20 inch threaded barrel, shoots sub MOA and has for over a year every weekend. I like the double chamber brake to attach. It makes the gun very comfortable to shoot without can. The poi shift was about an inch.

I shoot out to a thousand yards frequently. Don't be concerned you don't have a good precision rifle can, it will work as good as any can you can buy IMHO. I can shoot clover leafs with it, it works great.

I bought a thunderbeast for my 300 WM, because its a great can at great price and 7.62SD-N6 can't handle the win mag. The AAC MK13 cost damn near double and they are very hard to find. For 308 and under, your Golden.

This is a good can. I have had mine for almost a year now and its been very reliable for POI shift. I shoot it through the 2-chamber brake like the previous poster.

Can mounted - Shoots POA
Can unmounted - Shoots 1.25" 3-O'clock.

This has been consistent since first mounting. I played with it when I first got it and shimmed and adjusted...but the side shift 1.25" is the best I could get it.

This can floats between my GAP-Rock 24" .308Match and my Sr-15 5.56.

I use mine on both gas guns and my target 260 match rifle. Before the suppressor, it was a .3 shooter. Now when I do my best I can put 5 rounds in same hole. .3 nowadays means I had a flier. Shift is about an inch down and right for me.

does the can have an effect on when the round goes transonic as opposed to shooting unsuppressed? for those long range shots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: solvovir</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does the can have an effect on when the round goes transonic as opposed to shooting unsuppressed? for those long range shots. </div></div>

To my knowledge, once it leaves the can, it's no different given the speed is the same.