• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S.H.O.T. show 2010

SWFA

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2002
Texas
www.swfa.com
Lots of new stuff coming this year. I'll update this thread with the best new stuff as the show continues.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Bushnell</span>
Elite 8x42 10x42 ED Aspheric
Elite 10x42 10x42 ED Aspheric
Fusion 10x42 1600 Rangefinder Binocular
4200 3-12x44 Illuminated FFP mil-dot, 30mm
4200 6-24x50 Illuminated FFP mil-dot, 30mm

<span style="font-weight: bold">EOTech</span>
XPS3
XPS2

<span style="font-weight: bold">Leupold</span>
M4 Turrets .05 milradian
M5 Turrets .10 milradian
1.1-8x24 CQBSS
5-25 PSR, 34mm, FFP
DeltaPoint Refled Sights
Mark 4 LR/T 3.5-10x40 M5 FFP
Mark 4 LR/T 4.5-14x50 M4
Mark 4 ER/T 4.5-14x50mm M3 FFP
Mark 4 ER/T 4.5-14x50mm M5 FFP
Mark 4 ER/T 6.5-20x50mm M5 FFP
Mark 4 LR/T 8.5-25x50mm M5
Mark 4 ER/T 8.5-25x50mm M5
Mark 4 34mm Rings

<span style="font-weight: bold">Leica</span>
ER 2.5-10x42
ER 3.5-14x42

<span style="font-weight: bold">Minox</span>
ZA-3 3-9x40 $399
ZA-5 2-10x40
ZA-5 3-15x42
ZA-54-20x50

<span style="font-weight: bold">Nikon</span>
M-223 Cantilever mount for flattops
M-223 1-4x20 Point Blank reticle, 55 gr 223/5.56 BDC, ARD
M-223 2-8x32 BDC-600 (increments of 50 yards), 55 gr 223/5.56 BDC, ARD
M-223 3-12x42 SF, BDC-600 (increments of 50 yards), 55 gr 223/5.56 BDC, ARD

<span style="font-weight: bold">Premier Reticles</span>
1.1-8x24 V-8

<span style="font-weight: bold">Redfield</span>
Revolution 2-7x33
Revolution 3-9x40
Revolution 3-9x50
Revolution 4-12x40

<span style="font-weight: bold">Schmidt Bender</span>
1.1-8
5-25

<span style="font-weight: bold">Sightron</span>
SIII 10x42
SIII 16x42
SIII 20x42
SIII 8-32x56
SIII 10-50x60

<span style="font-weight: bold">Steiner</span>
10x50 LRF

<span style="font-weight: bold">Swarovski</span>
EL's with Swarovision

<span style="font-weight: bold">Vortex</span>
PST 1-4x24
PST 2.5-10x44
PST 4-16x50
PST 6-24x50

Re: S.H.O.T. show 2010

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lots of new stuff coming this year. I'll update this thread with the best new stuff as the show continues.

M5 Turrets .10 milradian

</div></div>

This will be a GREAT OPTIC if it's a $1500 and under price tag.

John

The Bushnell ELite 4200 FFP scopes look intriguing. I used a 6-24x50 but switched to a NF recently.

Will they also have MIL knobs? Or are they sticking with MOA?

If they have MIL knobs, the 3-12x44 FFP looks like a purchase waiting to happen for my Coyote rifle instead of the Falcon Menace 4-14x.

I like Bushnell products for the price range they are in, and feel that they compare to higher dollar scopes like Leupold. Good glass, great light transmission and very durable quality (at least on their tactical scopes).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
M5 Turrets .10 milradian

</div></div>

John </div></div>

$1599.95

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
M5 Turrets .10 milradian

</div></div>

John </div></div>

$1599.95 </div></div>

Is that retail, or what your price would be?

When would they be in stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="font-weight: bold">Steiner</span>
10x50 LRF
</div></div>

Glad to see another LRF hitting the market. I've been waiting for someone to raise the bar above Swarovski in the sub $1000 range. Zeiss fell short (nice features but it's laser fell a bit short). Hopefully Steiner will step up.

If anybody gets a chance to talk to Lieca, could you please ask them to ship some of their CRF's to their distributors in AZ OTHER THAN Cabelas?

I have credit with two local vendors that I want to use for a CRF, but the only place they have been stocking here is Cabelas, everyone else has been waiting for months for stock.

Damn, ROOKIE MISTAKE buying a Leupold MK4 just before SHOT show... live and learn I guess... maybe I can get my knobs swapped for millirad...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MudBug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anybody gets a chance to talk to Lieca, could you please ask them to ship some of their CRF's to their distributors in AZ OTHER THAN Cabelas?

I have credit with two local vendors that I want to use for a CRF, but the only place they have been stocking here is Cabelas, everyone else has been waiting for months for stock. </div></div>

Sportsman's?? They had Leicas at Greenfield last I checked.

Thanks for the updates Chris, for those of us that couldn't get there ourselves!

SWFA, did you get the PM I sent you?

If not for the USO, can I trade up for another optic?

RE Steiner 10x50 LRF ,

Its a wash , its got a range of only 1600yds and costs 2.6K .

Thats of no interest to me , better off with a Swaro @ 800 .

later Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MudBug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anybody gets a chance to talk to Lieca, could you please ask them to ship some of their CRF's to their distributors in AZ OTHER THAN Cabelas?

I have credit with two local vendors that I want to use for a CRF, but the only place they have been stocking here is Cabelas, everyone else has been waiting for months for stock. </div></div>

Sportsman's?? They had Leicas at Greenfield last I checked.

Thanks for the updates Chris, for those of us that couldn't get there ourselves! </div></div>

yes, Sportsmans would be one of those places but no I haven't tried the mesa store. FOr some reason I thought they were one of them that got closed down.

EDIT: Called this morning... Nope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Are these mil/ mil??

And be sure not to neglect the PIC THREAD I started here in Rifles:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1561360&gonew=1#UNREAD

We wanna see pics of new glass too!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
RE Steiner 10x50 LRF ,

Its a wash , its got a range of only 1600yds and costs 2.6K .

Thats of no interest to me , better off with a Swaro @ 800 .

later Chris </div></div>

Damn, maybe next year.

Unless leupold's new 6.5-20 and 8-25 have more than the 70-75 min that they currently have i'm gonna have to stay with nightforce.

Any word about Falcon Menace scopes? US dealers say they are preparing new models, but the company has vanished from web and there is no stock in US.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayjaytuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nightforce ffp higher powered versions???????

also, hensoldts have a new reticle??? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayjaytuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nightforce ffp higher powered versions???????

just read liberty optics blog, it looks like only the new velocity reticles and the new rapid adjustment knobs are all that nightforce are showing at shot

i am a little dissapointed though, i was really hoping for an f1 22x

i am sure they have something in the works, i guess maybe next year will be the year

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6XC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PR is making a CQ optic??? </div></div>

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/forums/posts.aspx?postID=20892 </div></div>

am I the only one that finds it ironic this press release was found on cheaper than dirt?

The parts are sourced from "nunya" afterall.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luvman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6XC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PR is making a CQ optic??? </div></div>

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/forums/posts.aspx?postID=20892 </div></div>

am I the only one that finds it ironic this press release was found on cheaper than dirt?

The parts are sourced from "nunya" afterall. </div></div>

Oh look. Another 'Nunya' comment and with less than 10 spelling and syntax errors. How clever...

NF is also showing off some anodized colors that they are playing around with at the moment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lots of new stuff coming this year. I'll update this thread with the best new stuff as the show continues.

1.1-8x24 CQBSS

<span style="font-weight: bold">Premier Reticles</span>
1.1-8x24 V-8

</div></div>

Chris, have you been able to compare these 2 scopes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CD0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Are these mil/ mil?? </div></div>

Yes, MIL/MIL

Quote form Bushnell:

New Bushnell Elite 4200 Tactical FFP Scopes

Overland Park, Kan. — The new Bushnell Tactical FFP scope has a host of features that will quickly make it a favorite of anyone who requires a tactical model scope.

The lenses are fully multi-coated for 95% light transmission and feature RainGuard® HD coating to ensure a clear sight picture in inclement weather.

The scope has a 30 mm tube for greater adjustment at longer ranges. The finger adjustable target turrets have <span style="color: #FF0000">.1 Mil click values</span> for fine target adjustment and the side focus knob provides a crisp clear picture at any distance.

The mil-dot reticle is green illuminated along the first focal plane to help in low light shooting conditions, allowing the shooter to utilize the mil dot reticle at any power.

Two models will be available – one 6-24x50 with a suggested retail of $999.99 and the other in 3-12x44 with a suggested retail of $849.99.

no not "yet"

Why would they make a FFP scope of their most popular model.?.?.?

laugh.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CD0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Are these mil/ mil?? </div></div>

Yes, MIL/MIL

Quote form Bushnell:

New Bushnell Elite 4200 Tactical FFP Scopes

Overland Park, Kan. — The new Bushnell Tactical FFP scope has a host of features that will quickly make it a favorite of anyone who requires a tactical model scope.

The lenses are fully multi-coated for 95% light transmission and feature RainGuard® HD coating to ensure a clear sight picture in inclement weather.

The scope has a 30 mm tube for greater adjustment at longer ranges. The finger adjustable target turrets have <span style="color: #FF0000">.1 Mil click values</span> for fine target adjustment and the side focus knob provides a crisp clear picture at any distance.

The mil-dot reticle is green illuminated along the first focal plane to help in low light shooting conditions, allowing the shooter to utilize the mil dot reticle at any power.

Two models will be available – one 6-24x50 with a suggested retail of $999.99 and the other in 3-12x44 with a suggested retail of $849.99. </div></div>

This is a great step in filling that void in the scope market around the $800-$1500 price tag. Currently there isn't much to offer in this price range that is worth the money if you're looking at tactical scopes.

I just sold a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 that I liked very much but wanted to move to a matched reticle/knob duo and wanted a general upgrade and went to a NF. The Bushnell has very good glass with very good light gathering abilities and excellent knobs (except that they did not match the reticle).

I suspect this scope will be a very popular seller for those wanting something more powerful than the Falcon Menace 4-14x, but not wanting to spend NF or better money for a matched scope that is FFP.

In fact, were it currently available, and assuming that is has a greater travel distance than the current 6-24x50 (50 MOA), I almost certainly would have gone that direction rather than spending $650 more for a NF w/o FFP.

I've been playing with a couple of the new Bushnell FFPs for a few months and have been damn impressed with what you get for the $$.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greentimber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been playing with a couple of the new Bushnell FFPs for a few months and have been damn impressed with what you get for the $$. </div></div>

If you have experience with both, how might you compare the glass quality of the 3-12x glass against the Falcon Menace 4x14? The sizable price gap between the Falcon and the new FFP Bushnells would suggest that the glass would be on a different level.

I'm looking for a good AR scope. Right now the 4-14x44 Menace is atop the list. I wonder if the new Bushnell 3-12x FFP might be a better option.

Did anyone else have problem with the eye relief with the new Leupold's FFP scope? I was playing around with both the 1.1-8 and the 5-25 and had a hard time getting a good sight picture. If my head wasn't perfect the sight picture would shadow

Great, I see alot of reasons in this thread for my wife to get mad at me next year. When are the NF Horus FFP's with the new turrets going to be avalible?

<span style="font-weight: bold">Vortex</span>
PST 4-16x50 </div></div>

Do you have any info about Vortex PST 4-16x50 in MRAD?

Awesome.
Now for under 1K we got decent quality (hopefully) variable FFP's SS, Vortex PST, and now Bushnell.
Can't wait to see one.
What a difference a year makes..

yeah - can't wait to hear reviews about the vortex viper PST... was looking at leupold 4.5-14x50 FFP but none of those have an illuminated reticle (right now) that i can find... plus my guess is that they would be over $1500 anyways?! I hope the glass quality is good or as close to good as the leupold or...

I have a Mk4 3.5-10x40 LR/t with m3 knobs on it now, I bought the scope in 2000 and I wouldn't mind getting it re-done for the .1mil turrets, anyone know how much that costs? And how long it takes? I went on the Leupold site in the custom shop but they only talk about new purchases, I didn't see anything about upgrades to scopes that are sent in.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Mk4 3.5-10x40 LR/t with m3 knobs on it now, I bought the scope in 2000 and I wouldn't mind getting it re-done for the .1mil turrets, anyone know how much that costs? And how long it takes? I went on the Leupold site in the custom shop but they only talk about new purchases, I didn't see anything about upgrades to scopes that are sent in.

Branden </div></div>

Not available right now. The Leupy tech I spoke to said probably not for at least a year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome.
Now for under 1K we got decent quality (hopefully) variable FFP's SS, Vortex PST, and now Bushnell.
Can't wait to see one.
What a difference a year makes.. </div></div>

Assuming that the quality of the glass and turrets is the same or better as the current Bushnell 6-24x50 (I.e., if they manage to not fuck up what they already have), the new FFP Bushnells should be very good scopes and help fill out that middle area of optics purchases. Right now anything more than about $650 or $700 and less than NF money is not worth the purchase.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome.
Can't wait to see one.

Assuming that the quality of the glass and turrets is the same or better as the current Bushnell 6-24x50 (I.e., if they manage to not fuck up what they already have), the new FFP Bushnells should be very good scopes and help fill out that middle area of optics purchases. Right now anything more than about $650 or $700 and less than NF money is not worth the purchase. </div></div>

Although I agree with your statements on Bushnell ( And I also hope they don't screw it up). I however respectfully disagree that there is nothing usable in the scope world, between $700. and Nightforce money.

All Nightforce NXS scopes priced below the F1 however, no matter how well built they are, still represent SFP technology. Yes, they are rugged and QC is beyond good. But if you want say a FFP MIL/MIL between 1K and 2k the only good choices have been IOR and the Vortex Razor.

I think the Vortex Razor has the potential to be excellent, and time will tell if they deliver long term, but they are looking very good.

IOR is more of a crapshoot QA wise, but if you bought one new, and it broke, it appears that Valdada has stepped up to the plate and replaced the broken scope with a new one.

The newish w/ improved turrets, IOR 2.5-10x42mm FFP MIL/MIL for around $1100. and the new Gen 4, 3-18x42mm FFP MIL/MIL Snipers Hide Edition for around $1500. represent an excellent value.

Yes, if I was in the life taking/saving business, or travel great distances to shoot in Tactical Competitions, I would opt to spend the extra $700 for the Nightforce F1.

But as weekend duffer, enjoying local tactical matches, where the worst injury suffered is a paper cut from my data book pages, I shoot my modified LTR with a Gen 4 IOR 3-18, and spend my extra $700 I saved in not buying a NF F1, on ammo and components.

In short, nothing usable between $700. and an NF F1 is a bit overstated. Maybe nothing usable for you, sir.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In short, nothing usable between $700. and an NF F1 is a bit overstated. Maybe nothing usable for you, sir.....
</div></div>
Dang it Bob; the idea when firing one across the bow is to <span style="font-style: italic">warn them</span>, repeat, <span style="font-style: italic">warn them</span>...not <span style="font-weight: bold">hit them mid-ship with a torpedo</span>.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome.
Can't wait to see one.

Assuming that the quality of the glass and turrets is the same or better as the current Bushnell 6-24x50 (I.e., if they manage to not fuck up what they already have), the new FFP Bushnells should be very good scopes and help fill out that middle area of optics purchases. Right now anything more than about $650 or $700 and less than NF money is not worth the purchase. </div></div>

Although I agree with your statements on Bushnell ( And I also hope they don't screw it up). I however respectfully disagree that there is nothing usable in the scope world, between $700. and Nightforce money.

All Nightforce NXS scopes priced below the F1 however, no matter how well built they are, still represent SFP technology. Yes, they are rugged and QC is beyond good. But if you want say a FFP MIL/MIL between 1K and 2k the only good choices have been IOR and the Vortex Razor.

I think the Vortex Razor has the potential to be excellent, and time will tell if they deliver long term, but they are looking very good.

IOR is more of a crapshoot QA wise, but if you bought one new, and it broke, it appears that Valdada has stepped up to the plate and replaced the broken scope with a new one.

The newish w/ improved turrets, IOR 2.5-10x42mm FFP MIL/MIL for around $1100. and the new Gen 4, 3-18x42mm FFP MIL/MIL Snipers Hide Edition for around $1500. represent an excellent value.

Yes, if I was in the life taking/saving business, or travel great distances to shoot in Tactical Competitions, I would opt to spend the extra $700 for the Nightforce F1.

But as weekend duffer, enjoying local tactical matches, where the worst injury suffered is a paper cut from my data book pages, I shoot my modified LTR with a Gen 4 IOR 3-18, and spend my extra $700 I saved in not buying a NF F1, on ammo and components.

</div></div>

You're right. All of these decisions are subjective to what a user desires.

I'm not sure that I would argue there isn't anything <span style="font-style: italic">usable</span>, but I would argue that most of the scopes, not just FFP, in that "mid" range are not necessarily worth the money they cost. It's not that they don't exist, there are plenty of scopes in that range, but it seems that if one has $1400 to spend on a scope, they might be better saving $300 or $400 more and going NF.

I found that the only upgrade worth making for my Bushnell 6-24x50 was all the way to NF money. Until this announcement, Leupold had no MIL/MIL scopes, and the glass isn't worth the money without the other goodies. And I didn't find anything at all that would both give me what I was looking for, a tactical scope with MIL/MIL turrets as well as better glass (Bushnells, in my experience with both the 6-24x50 and the 10x40, have very good glass, at least that of Leupold).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right now anything more than about $650 or $700 and less than NF money is not worth the purchase. </div></div>

Sounds pretty official.
If it were last year I might tend to agree.
Not anymore.

$2900 for a 1.8x8 scope???? If they were parallax free and had unlimited eye relief, I could understand charging that price. I've owned the Swarovski 1x6 and pretty much every 1x4 scope available and even the EOTech and Aimpoint with magnifier. That is a rediculous price, especially when the flashdot technology has been out for a long time now.