• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing S&W 629 Classic rear sight

cbrokes1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2007
Canton, GA
I have a S&W 629 classic that I carry as a backup when I run dogs and have twice now lost the rear sight pin that adjusts the height of the sight. Is there any other options that anyone out there has found as a solution to this problem? Any good after market rear sights that can take some abuse from carrying through tough brush and not have any pins come loose? I could take the current rear sight and just lock tite or glue the sight in place but was looking for other options. Anyone out there had a simliar experience or know any solutions to the problem?

Thanks,
Chad

Re: S&W 629 Classic rear sight

Check out Bowen Clssic Arms. Cylinder & Slide offers a fixed rear sight for the N frame.

Re: S&W 629 Classic rear sight

I have heard about Bowen sights, hadn't had any experience with them though. I do sometimes shoot 20-30 yds with the pistol and like the adjustable sight they have, just concerned about the same issues that I have with the stock sight.