• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S&W M&P 15-22 Barrel/Handguard Removal

RC556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2020
Louisiana
Hey guys, I grabbed one of these 15-22s a few years ago and now it's time for some changes. Quickly found out a special tool is required to remove the barrel. Does anyone happen to have an alternative or a used one, haven't quite found one. Plan is to SBR and form 1 a suppressor for it.

The tool is dirt cheap from Midway ($10 dollars I think) but you can make one out of PVC pipe. I made one from watching this video and it worked great.

Reactions: RC556

There's also a tool for removing/installing the feed ramp collar, I'll post a link if I can find it again.

Edit: Doesn't look like the feed ramp tool is available. Got mine many years ago from JB Conversions in Sulphur, LA (337-625-2379). You don't need the feed ramp and ejector removed to have chuck the barrel up but it's nice to have that stuff out of the way so you're not worried about breaking anything. See post #7.

Last edited:
Reactions: RC556

There's also a tool for removing/installing the feed ramp collar, I'll post a link if I can find it again.

Edit: Doesn't look like the feed ramp tool is available. Got mine many years ago from JB Conversions in Sulphur, LA (337-625-2379). You don't need the feed ramp and ejector removed to have chuck the barrel up but it's nice to have that stuff out of the way so you're not worried about breaking anything.
Perfect. I can make a run to him if need be I guess. I’m not far from them

The tool is dirt cheap from Midway ($10 dollars I think) but you can make one out of PVC pipe. I made one from watching this video and it worked great.

I actually couldn’t find it on any “big” sites. Obviously it’s worth it but I don’t think I can mentally put up with midwayUSA shipping again. I’m currently on my 3rd week waiting as is lol.

Perfect. I can make a run to him if need be I guess. I’m not far from them
Hey, this is the link to the barrel extension removal tool: http://www.hwsteelinc.com/
They may be the same folks as JB Conversions but not sure about that (the box my set is currently sitting in has JB as the return address so I thought it was from them) but the tool shown in the link is definitely what I'm talking about.
Looks like they have their own barrel nut tool as well.