• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S&W M&P 15-22

gryphthemyth

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
Arion, Iowa
Couple questions on the smith 15-22s. I have a basic model and my kids love it as do I, in fact its so popular in the family I am going to buy more of them. My questions are simply this- the higher end precision shop models, are they really worth the extra price tag compared to the standard model and second can a magpul PRS stock be placed on one. The next purchase will be for me only as a training platform for my precision ARs which both wear the PRS. The standard model will be for the kids to shoot. Thanks

Re: S&W M&P 15-22

Thanks for the info. Hell if you still have it after the Christams wallet bending id maybe be willing to take a little trip for the right deal lol.

Great rifle, just got the kids one for Christmas.

nope i have the cheepest, little looking on youtube mine a nail driver. they also have a viedo about free floating one, (i havent done it yet, not needed as far as i am conserned)

I've got one, but all black. Shoots good. Trigger sucks, there is a write up on how to fix the creep but I have not done it yet. My son had a blast with it during squirrel season.

Federal AE had a few FTF but CCI and Winchester white box are GTG.

FYI, a PRS stock cannot be attached as the receiver extension is a molded part of the lower.

It could be possible to make it work with a saw, dremel, sandpaper, epoxy... maybe a tap depending on how you want to try it. But that option will certainly void the warranty and may result in a junked rifle.

The PRS is a heavy stock. Even if you could put it on there I would think it would throw the balance so far out of whack that it would defeat the purpose of a training rifle.
I have a standard with threaded barrel and a MOE. I would get the MOE model. It has some nice Magpul add-ons and it has an ambi single-point sling attachment.

I have a Vortex Fastfire red/green dot on mine, and it's perfect. I couldn't see spending the money for an EOTech for a rim fire gun. Found it locally for $140.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kimber7wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking at getting the MOE version right here: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...0715/Smith+&+Wesson+M&P15-22+MOE+22LR+16"+FDE

Will probably put a red dot on it. Does anyone have one and if so, how has your experience been? </div></div>

Thanks. That Vortex red dot looks pretty good at that price. I've got an Aimpoint on my turkey gun but not sure I want to spend as much for this .22

you could buy a Nordic upper and use your lowers with the PRS, they should be having a group buy soon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T2CH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got one, but all black. Shoots good. Trigger sucks, there is a write up on how to fix the creep but I have not done it yet. My son had a blast with it during squirrel season.

Federal AE had a few FTF but CCI and Winchester white box are GTG. </div></div>

Best thing I did with mine was to replace the hammer spring with the JP "Yellow" reduced power spring. Cleaned it up and made it a hell of a lot more shootable, all for $6. Haven't had any issues with it either.

Have both the s&w m&p 15 22 rifle and pistol. Both eat up almost every brand of ammo, shoot tight (given the rifle shopts better than the pistol), triggers are a 6/10 :-/ but for a .22 black rifle trainer id highly reccomend.

Stay FAR away from the mossbergs

I have had the basic model for a few years and love it too. Does anyone know what brand the parts are that come on the rifle? Example - front and rear sight and butt stock? Thanks

Also I am referring to the basic model not the magpul one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lawyerman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T2CH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got one, but all black. Shoots good. Trigger sucks, there is a write up on how to fix the creep but I have not done it yet. My son had a blast with it during squirrel season.

Federal AE had a few FTF but CCI and Winchester white box are GTG. </div></div>

Best thing I did with mine was to replace the hammer spring with the JP "Yellow" reduced power spring. Cleaned it up and made it a hell of a lot more shootable, all for $6. Haven't had any issues with it either.</div></div>

Where does one find the JP Yellow reduced power spring? Thanks!