• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAC: Bartlein 30,000 barrel anniversary rifle build!

Mgordon

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2007
Wellington, Ohio
www.shortactioncustoms.com
Shooters,

Just sharing some info and pictures about a really great rifle we just built for the crew at Bartlein Barrels. Bartlein Barrels, Inc. - Main Page Here is what we came up with.

Short Action Customs: Alpha 11, medium, integral lug/rail, APA bolt knob, SAC Lower Bolt Clearance, Melonited bolt.
Manners MCS-TF4, short action, right hand.
Black Ops Precision DBM system and EFR.
Timney 510U tuned to 2.5 lbs.
Bartlein Rem Varmint, 6.5mm, 1-8" twist, S/N 30,000

We started by performing our Lower Bolt Clearance modification to the action, then Meloniting the bolt. Extremely smooth bolt manipulation. Next we barreled up the action in 6.5 Creedmoor and cut to 22.5" which is a great length and allows you to reach the hotter accuracy node with 140 series bullets with out getting into pressure trouble. We fitted the Surefire MB762SSAL/RE brake/mount for their Surefire suppressors. Next we did our signature rifle bedding and then installed the "medallion" into the butt of the stock. Next we sent the rifle off to Branden at Custom Gun Coatings for our 4 color Flectar stock finish which is always great! We did our best to make a rifle that is worthy of celebrating 30,000 amazing barrels!

Mark

Very nice Mark!
Can you please take a moment to explain: Lower Bolt Clearance modification ? What is the function of this mod?
Sorry about the stupid question, but you know what they say "no stupid questions, just stupid people that ask questions"
Respectfully,
Chet

Super cool. Congrats to Bartlein for their 30,000th barrel, and congrats to SAC for a kickass job of commemorating it.

Very nice Mark!
Can you please take a moment to explain: Lower Bolt Clearance modification ? What is the function of this mod?
Sorry about the stupid question, but you know what they say "no stupid questions, just stupid people that ask questions"
Respectfully,
Chet

Chet,

The LBC mod is when we machine the lower aft section of the bolt bore raceway down about .006" in order to increase bolt manipulation. This allows us to get more clearance around the bolt when working the bolt back and forth. The accuracy potential of the action stays the same because we only machine the lower half of the raceway. This allows the bolt to stay nice and straight when its locked up, but when the bolt handle is lifted and the lugs are unlocked, the bolt can use the additional clearance on the bottom of the raceway.

Mark

Mark, I'll get a picture taken of the rifle next week and will make a post of it! Tracy got the USO scope mounted. The scope has got a neat color finish to it that really compliments the rifle.

For Tracy and the rest of us, Thanks for the nice build!

Double J can't wait for his rifle as well!

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Always seeing great rifles produced by Mark. Guys at Bartlein will be proud, no doubt. Love the medallion in the stock - cool idea.

Nice to lay a new showroom rifle on a bunch of rocks. Sick rifle Mark, that is the one I want to get

I really like SAC rifles, looking at these pics its really making me want one. I just might have to order one soon. The end of the barrel in the stock is pretty cool.

Thanks guys, we are happy with the way everything turned out on it. I was going to ask the owner of the rifle to bring it out to the shot show for the Defiance Machine booth, however I will just put my rifle up there in stead. I have to say Double J's 30,000's barrel build is just that much sexier!

Mark