• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAC: Sexy 223 Alpha 11.

Mgordon

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2007
Wellington, Ohio
www.shortactioncustoms.com
Shooters,

We just finished another build this morning. It was a 243 that we gave a face lift to. I'm excited to shoot this little thing and test it out with some FGMM and Corbon Match.

Here are the specs.

-Short Action Customs Alpha 11, Medium, AW mag well, Right, Six 8/40 screws double pinned base, double pinned recoil lug, Short Action Customs bolt fluting, Sako Extractor, 223 bolt face. Timney 510U installed and tuned to 2.5 lbs.

-Brux MTU 1-7.7" twist, 4 groove, cut to 16.25" Surefire brake attached.

-Manners MCS-TF1, Badger M5 inlet, flush cups, Epoxy Pillar Bedded.

-Barrel recontoured to fit EFR.

-Badger EFR supplied and installed.

-All metal Cerakoted in Graphite Black.

Picture of Short Action Customs bolt fluting. Our bolt fluting goes farther rearward. If you subscribe to the belief that bolt fluting sweeps away debris, it makes no sense to have the bolt fluting stop shy of the rear bridge. Our fluting extends rearward to help prevent any debris from interfering with the upper raceway and bolt body contact while still allowing a small portion of the bolt bodies full diameter to properly index the bolt. The other bolt is a Black Heart International (stiller) bolt fluting.

IMG_6013.jpg

IMG_6004.jpg

IMG_6003.jpg

IMG_6001.jpg

IMG_5997.jpg

IMG_5998.jpg

IMG_6000.jpg

IMG_6007.jpg

Re: SAC: Sexy 223 Alpha 11.

Yet another fantastic looking rifle. Does it shoot as good as it looks?

Awesome looking rifle!

Dangit Mark, quit posting all this beautiful gun p0rn and ship my 18 inch 700! :)

Great work! I love the folding Manners stocks! It really makes me want to pick one up so my rifle will fit in my car without having to let down the back seats!

And all the squirrels coyo's and deer said " uuuhh O"

That is going to be an extremely handy rifle

That is the hotness! Thanks Mark! Look forward to getting it back.

That is Bad Ass!! Mark I sent you a email.

Mark, that is just pure sexy...Will see you this weekend. Waggs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is the hotness! Thanks Mark! Look forward to getting it back. </div></div>

You and your toys....

SAC looks like the smith to re-barrel my 22-250 in 260. Dude you make some sweet looking sticks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is the hotness! Thanks Mark! Look forward to getting it back. </div></div>

You and your toys.... </div></div>

It's like adding another club to the golf bag. They all serve a purpose!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is the hotness! Thanks Mark! Look forward to getting it back. </div></div>

You and your toys.... </div></div>

It's like adding another club to the golf bag. They all serve a purpose!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

You and I appear to suffer from the same affliction.
smile.gif

I think I've found my all time favorite .223rem!!!!! Yepper for sure this is it.

Thats a bad little contraption! More than ready to see my piece of art y'all are working on. Loosin sleep as the day gets closer.

nice gear.

Man. . .I want my .223 bolt so badly. . I have been waiting forever for it to be fixed. It is time!!

That's really cool! I want something like that set up for my Ops Inc 12th if the shoulder/collar can be worked out

Damn! That is a good looking smoke pole. Wish I was at the point of simply mounting a scope and smuggling in behind my next build...

Sweet mother!

Mind telling us the build cost? I'd be interested in parting with a high dollar AR-15 to fund a .223ai in such a configuration.

thanks for posting the pics.

Already sold in the firearms section - I couldn't believe it when I saw it within a month or two of this thread. It was a sweety, for sure.