• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAC: What do the builders shoot?

Mgordon

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2007
Wellington, Ohio
www.shortactioncustoms.com
Shooters,

I just figured I would show off my personal competition rifle. I think it would be cool to get some of the other builders on the board to show us some pictures of what they are running. You would think we would have endless resources to build the biggest and best, however I would not be surprised to see some basic but solid builds. Here are my specs.

Short Action Customs Alpha 11, Integral 20 MOA rail, integral lug, APA bolt knob. AW magazine well.
Hawk Hill Custom barrel, 6.5mm, 1-8.2" twist. 23" finish. 5/8 x 24" TBAC 30BA. Rem Varmint contour.
6.5 Creedmoor.
Manners MCS-T6A, Signature Rifle Bedding. Black Ops Precision DBM and EFR.
Acc0-Shot BT17 rail and BT10LW17 bipod.
American Rifle Company M10 rings.
Hensoldt 6x24x56, Horus H37, Mil/Mil, Locking elevation turret, Capped windage turret.
Tab Elite Sling.
Custom Gun Coatings 4 Color Flelctar.
Patriot Brown with Black accents.

1/3 MOA (Bipod and bag) @ 100 with 42.6 gr of H4350, 142 SMK's at 2800 FPS.

Nice rifle and I like the idea of the thread! Hope it takes off!
RTH

Nice stick, wish my sticks were nice enough to warrant a guard dog.lol. Having bedded several rifles i am always impressed by the tang areas of ur jobs.

That's soooooo sweet Mark. I'm probably gonna sell my A3-5 and have you bed me into a T6-A. That whole rifle just kicks ass!

406655660.jpg

406655661.jpg

Here you go Mark!!!! ;)

Last edited:
406655664.jpg

Manners T, Special 100% CF Fill. 1 stud 8 FC
Templar Action
27" Bartlein GAP#6 , Gain Twist 1-9 to 1-7.7
6mm Creedmoor
Stealth DBM
AW Mags
20 MOA Base, Seekins Rings
Bushy 4.5x30x50 XRS GAP G2 Reticle
Armegedon Gear Sling

Smoothe and Simple!!!!

Is that the GAP Titan brake?

406655664.jpg

Manners T, Special 100% CF Fill. 1 stud 8 FC
Templar Action
27" Bartlein GAP#6 , Gain Twist 1-9 to 1-7.7
6mm Creedmoor
Stealth DBM
AW Mags
20 MOA Base, Seekins Rings
Bushy 4.5x30x50 XRS GAP G2 Reticle
Armegedon Gear Sling

Smoothe and Simple!!!!

Just to throw it out there, Hawk Hill Custom makes fabulous barrels and Shawn is a hell of a gunplumber himself. Cant wait for my new .284 barrel to show up from him for my 7-08 build

Just to throw it out there, Hawk Hill Custom makes fabulous barrels and Shawn is a hell of a gunplumber himself. Cant wait for my new .284 barrel to show up from him for my 7-08 build

My loyalty is to Bartlein Barrels, I think they make some of the best barrels out there and I love the crew over there. I did hear great things about Shawn and his barrels, so I figured before I sell them to any customers, I would run it on my personal rifle first. I'm happy so far!

Mark

What are the specs on the GAP #6 contour?

The gap #6 is a variant on the Bartlein rem varmint/ sendero #13 Bartlein Barrels, Inc. - Contours

There is 1.500 longer shank (b dimension) and that gets us .900 at the muzzle (f) at 26"

We have also called it the gap team contour, George contour, Gladius, thunder ranch... So things were becoming needlessly confusing.

The gap #6 is a variant on the Bartlein rem varmint/ sendero #13 Bartlein Barrels, Inc. - Contours

There is 1.500 longer shank (b dimension) and that gets us .900 at the muzzle (f) at 26"

We have also called it the gap team contour, George contour, Gladius, thunder ranch... So things were becoming needlessly confusing.

Ahh...it all makes sense now...

Thank you Mr. Lin!

Can a guy order that contour from Bartlein or is it only available to GAP?

Mark, where did you get that Hensoldt?

Gray, I will send you a PM.

I will have to email William Roscoe (LA Precision), Jered Joplin (American Precision Arms), Robert Snyder (RWS Gunsmithing), Curtis Proske (Templar Tactical), Jon Addis (Area 419 Firearms), and any body else I can think of to get them posting.

Mark

I have alway been curious to see what the builders shoot.

Meet "Lucky".........

caliber 7 BAT (7mm 300 WSM)
pushing 180 bergers
Defiance action
Broughton 26" 5.8 contour 1-9 twist
Little Bastard brake
Custom M40 A1 adjustable stock with Terry's hardware
APA RTG trigger guard
APA bolt knob, base, rings
Huber trigger single stage at 2 lbs
US Optics SN-3 3.2-17x44 with Horus H-25 reticle

We are going to be making a switch to the Manners T6A stock

Absolutely stunning!!!!

meet "lucky".........

caliber 7 bat (7mm 300 wsm)
pushing 180 bergers
defiance action
broughton 26" 5.8 contour 1-9 twist
little bastard brake
custom m40 a1 adjustable stock with terry's hardware
apa rtg trigger guard
apa bolt knob, base, rings
huber trigger single stage at 2 lbs
us optics sn-3 3.2-17x44 with horus h-25 reticle

we are going to be making a switch to the manners t6a stock

Meet "Lucky".........

pushing 180 bergers
Defiance action
Little Bastard brake
APA RTG trigger guard

You can just send me that old m40a1 stock when you get your t6a, I'll dispose of it properly

when you guys are done posting pics of those rifles , please send the rifles to me as you wont need them anymore....thanks

...oh ill get the shipping :)

Meet "Lucky".........

pushing 180 bergers
Defiance action
Little Bastard brake
APA RTG trigger guard

Wait a second who's Lucky the rifle or you, more likely both. That is a stunning setup...wow!

Very nice Jered. Was the wood A5 you did a whial back for you or a customer? I do like the shit out of the super high grade wood "A" series stocks I have seen you do...

Here ya go Mark, this is one of my PERSEUS rifles that I can post now....I have some new stuff in the works that I'll post later.

BlackOps Precision Model 911 Action
BlackOps Precision Recoil Lug
BlackOps Precision Fire Control
BlackOps Precision DBM
BlackOps Precision EFR
BlackOps Precision/Timney Trigger
Manners/BlackOps Precision MCS-T4A
BlackOps Precision Trademark Fit and Finish
Krieger PERSEUS Contour Barrel, 19", Threaded 3/4-24
Thunderbeast 30P1

2utl311.jpg

SAC: What do the builders shoot?

Jered Joplin; That being said standard stocks look much better after a year of comp shooting.[/QUOTE said:
Adding character always makes them better!

Its great to see some of the owners take the time to show us some of there rifles as everyone on the forum knows who they are and what they give to everybody that still enjoys shooting and knows what it means to enjoy our freedom. Thanks guys.

Meet "Lucky".........

pushing 180 bergers
Defiance action
Little Bastard brake
APA RTG trigger guard

Jered.
Your 375 H&H Mannlicher may be pissed you didn't include her, would you be so kind as to show her off here for us? That thing is a rare beauty. Maybe even a picture of her in her office.

Great thread - Keep it going. I'm interested in seeing what everyone runs and their specs. Gives me all kinds of ideas....plus makes me want to build another GAP and start an order at SAC.

Great thread - Keep it going. I'm interested in seeing what everyone runs and their specs. Gives me all kinds of ideas....plus makes me want to build another GAP and start an order at SAC.

yes I would like to see some more as well , I think it must be some secret marketing tool, a tool that's working :)

Meet "Lucky".........

pushing 180 bergers
Defiance action
Little Bastard brake
APA RTG trigger guard

Jared-
Is "Lucky" the rifle you took to ASC this year? Outstanding shooting there, by the way. What MV are you getting with the 180gr Bergers?
thanks

Jered.
Your 375 H&H Mannlicher may be pissed you didn't include her, would you be so kind as to show her off here for us? That thing is a rare beauty. Maybe even a picture of her in her office.

She's far from a comp gun but she does chew on clay pigeons on a regular basis at 400 yards. I consider "holding" 1 MOA at 400 with this set up an accomplishment.

Here are the twins at the office:

Pictures don't do that rifle justice. I've seen it first hand and it is a work of carved wood and smithing art