• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SADLAK Mount

XMC

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2009
New Ulm, Texas
I've got a NM M1A and recently purchased a SADLAK scope mount. I've mounted it 8 times now and either the rear is not sitting solid or there is no elevation available once the scope is mounted. I have all the instructions for measuring out of spec receivers but don't have the tools needed. Does anyone know of a reliable gunsmith near Houston that can reliably set up the SADLAK scope mount so I still have decent elevation? I searched but nothiong about haveing the SADLAK mounted. Thanks.

Re: SADLAK Mount

Be very careful when you mount it. Friend in Magnolia just broke the dovetail where the stripper clip guide fits when he torqued the screws. Yes he followed the instructions.

Still not sure if it was a spec problem with the receiver or mount.

I called SADLAK. They said they can't accept receivers and that I need to take measurements and send them for analysis. My receiver seemed to be in spec but then I'm not a machinist and am not 100% certain that I'm measuring correctly. I guess I'll try again. I'm about ready to go back to iron sights.

If you want to try a different mount look at bassett machine M1A mounts. One contact point and no removal of the stripper clip and you can still use iron sights (only if your cheek piece is low enough)for the high mount. Just a suggestion in case you head down the "different mount" road.