• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Safari Season in Ohio

G

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/18/us/ohio-animals-on-loose/index.html

(CNN) -- Dozens of animals -- including bears, lions, tigers, cheetahs and wolves -- are on the prowl in eastern Ohio, authorities said Tuesday night.

Area residents were urged to stay indoors until all the animals had been controlled. Authorities were "shooting to kill," said Muskingum County Sheriff Matthew J. Lutz. Forty-eight had been freed, and as of 8:40 p.m. ET, about two dozen had been shot, Lutz said.

The animals' owner was found dead of unknown circumstances on Tuesday, according to CNN affiliate WBNS.

The Columbus Zoo, Ohio State Police and The Wilds, a safari-themed park, have responded to the incident, the state police said.

Re: Safari Season in Ohio

Lions and Tigers and Bears?

Oh My!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NecK4MwOfeI"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NecK4MwOfeI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Watching 'em chew their nails on Fox News about it.

Jack Hanna is there now, everything's under control.....

As of 7:00 AM 48 got looses 35 killed NBC

My bets on the wolf to be the last they take down

Rumor is the "preserve" owner cut 'em all loose then took his own life......

Sorry but got to wonder if any honey badgers were part of this lol, had to explain to a friend and his wife what one was after a commercial showed one, then they asked how I knew what they were....

I hope so and that it breeds like no other. I think these would be great in certain areas of the states. (for people control)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry but got to wonder if any honey badgers were part of this lol, had to explain to a friend and his wife what one was after a commercial showed one, then they asked how I knew what they were....
</div></div>

Wheres Chuck Testa.

I woke up to a multitude of messages about this from friends suggesting we take the day off to go hunting... Honey badgers don't get released, they just leave when they are ready

2ic35mb.jpg

It's like playing wingman on a Friday night in northern Idaho.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wheres Chuck Testa. </div></div>

Snarf.

Not ending well for the animals. Owner was "depressed" and let all the animals free then killed his self. From what I hear a cheetah and monkey are the only ones left. Sad all these animals got killed because some dumb ass cant hack it.

301138_2049232197053_1431900004_31674037_1377613805_n.jpg

All animals except one ape supposedly accounted for, an uneasy day at our cattle farm just 5 miles from this "facility".

This is the tip of the iceberg of this story.just a gut feeling

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nothing cool like that happens around me... </div></div>

This was "cool"?

From Drudge...

"Of those animals, 49 were killed. Six animals -- a grizzly bear, three leopards and two monkeys -- were captured alive and taken to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, and a monkey and a grey wolf were at large. The animals that were killed included 18 tigers, nine male lions, eight female lions, six black bears, three mountain lions, two grizzly bears, one baboon and two wolves, Sheriff Matt Lutz said. The escaped monkey poses a danger because it is infected with herpes, the sheriff said."

Better get that damn monkey before it sits on a toilet seat!

Saw that on the local news and thought it was a joke. Guess not. Feel bad for the animals.

Shame they had to shoot them all. I can understand not having lion's & tigers running around Ohio but they should have let the black bear make a run for the wood's since there native to the area anyway. Probably what the wolf did.

they found the Monkey,inside one of the tigers.Just heard it
on the news.

Its a damn shame, i;m not sure why all these animals had to be shot. Granted we can't have the good citizens getting eaten but they could just tranquilize (sp?) them?

I understand that the animals had to be destroyed for public safety... And tranquilizing works better in movies than in real life. Just ask Pete the Moose!

But broke my heart to see those tigers being dragged behind a tractor. There are what, a few hundred left in the world? Not that I am a founding member of PETA... But those big cats really are magnificent and are on the brink of extinction.

I don't blame the authorities. They did what they had to do. But the a**hat who released them all... what a prick. He had no business hoarding animals like that.

Just my $0.02.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Sounds like a good title story for the National Enquirer " Zoo owner gets Herpes from monkey and Takes his own life"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its a damn shame, i;m not sure why all these animals had to be shot. Granted we can't have the good citizens getting eaten but they could just tranquilize (sp?) them? </div></div>

They tried on one that I know of, the animal turned really aggressive and had to be shot on the spot by LE.

It's a shame that this is how the story turned out. Would've been nice to see all those animals remain alive.

I always kinda suspected that the whole shoot an animal with a tranquilizer dart was sorta a hollywood thing. Glad they tried at least.

Too bad for the tigers, but I wouldn't want them roaming around and the "dart guns" really aren't a realistic choice for the amount of cats on the loose. I could care less about the wolves.

I heard some assholes got caught trying to dig them up.
sick bastards.should of dropped them to.