• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

safe load

Re: safe load

People need a lot more information and velocity isnt a good way to know we would need to know the caliber, bullet weight I am assuming its 300 grain? Also we will need the powder charge. Your barrel length and velicoty have nothing to do with how safe it is.

When you fire it do you have any pressure signs on your brass?

do you have one of these? as I put above 300gr pill,if you know a powder that will do this speed safely in a 338 edge or lapua magnum

Seems doable to get that sort of velocity out of a 30" tube. I've been pushing close to 2900 fps with mine without going over book max (300gr scenars, n570 out of a 30" border) with no excessive pressure signs. The accuracy node however is around 2840 so will stick there. Watch for the usual but the fact is no one really knows how close they are pushing their loads unless they get them properly tested or God forbid something goes wrong.

As mentioned by Jagged77, the accuracy of the 338's 300 gr bullet is at around 2840-2850 fps pushing them faster accomplishes nothing but wasting powder and shortening barrel life.
Run your edge and the 300 grainers around 2850 and you are good to go past 2000yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do you have one of these? as I put above 300gr pill,if you know a powder that will do this speed safely in a 338 edge or lapua magnum</div></div> Your post didnt mention .338 Lapua Magnum you also didnt ask for powders that could achieve 2950 fps velocities with a 300gr bullet in a .338 lapua magnum out of a 30 inch barrel. So forgive me for not reading your mind on that. Your question asked only if a load pushing a 300gr bullet at 2950 fps is safe and as I stated you didnt provide enough information to answer your question I wish you the best of luck finding an answer.