• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAGE M14 / M1A chassis system

cal50

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2009
Ohio
Anyone running one or a recent version?
I have a scout M1A (18") with a wood stock and it's nice but I am not a wood conisoure while my other three m1a's are wearing McMillan and usgi glass stocks.

I like the looks of the Sage model "O".
Comments, opinions, weight??

The sage Mod 0 is a sweet set up with adjustable LOP and cheek piece as well. They really bring alot more weight to the gun because of the aluminum chassis. You also dont have a need to bed the stock to the rifle which is a major plus because anyone who has ever bedded an M1A knows its alot more work than a standard bolt gun. I love these set ups and I have 2 that I am currently working on. One for a Socom and the other for my Fulton M21

I have a Socom and a scout in sage ebr chassis's, and i love them. My scout is shooting minute groups with a ST-10 on top, but ive only taken it out once since building it. They arent that bad in weight, it wouldnt be something I would take on a extended hiking trip, but maybe a day hike or something. Im also running a larue LT608 for a scope base, it is working really good because i can switch it over to a different gun, if you were going to use glass on top of yours.

Bedding the M1A is not bad at all.... Bias opinion.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...stock-rear-pillar-installation-pic-heavy.html

My scout is my 4th M1A and I like the looks of the Sage ebr so I might spring for one if I find one in stock somewhere at a fair price. The weight is of interest because my other two sticks have Mac stocks and one usgi fiberglass. I am not a fan of wood so another fiberglass or sage stock is somewhere in my future.

The Mod 0 weighs more than the ALCS/CV due to the steel rear end. The ALCS/CV uses an AR rear end and weighs about 1.5 pounds less (depending on the butt stock you choose).

I like the look of the sage but it felt very front heavy to me and that is one thing I really wanted to avoid with this rifle. That and they are 700-800bucks + other little parts you will want like bipod adapter, scope rail, it is a 1000+ dollar deal easily.

I have had both the Mod 0 and I have moved to the Mod 1 i really like this set up . I went with the LaRue 168 mount and some badger rings it works great I am going to use a Vortex Razor Gen 2 1-6 scope. Here is a picture of the rifle set up this is a .50 cheek riser on the CTR stock . I have a few other mods on here like 6 inch Sage rails and CQB kydex hand guard instead of the full size . i sent them off to Shortbus and he Cerakoted them graphite black to match the rifle. I am getting the Scope sent off soon to match. Anyway here is my Black Beauty ........ If you do go with the Sage ebr get the Sadlak ext mag release and bolt release . I also went with the nm sadlak spring guide it is well worth the money.