• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako QUAD - CUSTOM Trainer @ EuroOptic - YOU SPEC!

EuroOptic Ltd.

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2010
Montoursville, PA
www.eurooptic.com
logo.png

With the ever growing popularity of Rimfire training rifles and the recent availability of the SAKO QUAD rimfire rifle in the USA, EuroOptic has decided to make a special LIMITED run of 49 custom rimfire trainer rifles. They will feature the SAKO QUAD action, McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, Lilja custom Barrels, as well as aftermarket pic rails, triggerguards and bolt knobs to make it as bulletproof as possible (from <span style="font-weight: bold">DIP inc</span> and<span style="font-weight: bold"> KMW</span>). The bedding and coating work will be done by <span style="font-weight: bold">GA Precision</span>.

<span style="font-weight: bold">We are announcing this here to allow forum members to pre-order these rifles at a discounted price and with the features and colors desired. </span> For those that participate in the pre-order, these will be <span style="font-weight: bold">made to order.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Each rifle will have the following standard features:</span>
-SAKO Quad receiver engraved with EuroOptic Logo and 1 of 49, 2 of 49 etc, bedded into a McMillian stock of your choice by GA Precision (options listed below)
**if sling stud/cups are not specified, 1 stud in front and rear will be the default
- Metal color of your choice: black, desert tan, Mil-Spec OD
- DIProducts Inc 20MOA picatinny rail
- DIP aluminum billet triggerguard
- KMW bolt knob
- Lilja custom drop in bull barrel in 22lr.
**Other barrels/calibers can be added if desired (costs below)

<span style="font-weight: bold">*****Pre-Buy price: $2195 + $30 shipping/insurance by UPS ground - gun will ship in a hard case*****</span>

**This special opportunity and pricing will continue until all 49 rifles are sold or JULY 31st , whichever comes first. July 31st is the last day to pre-order a rifle to your spec. If any rifles remain unsold at this point we will spec the stocks and colors of those remaining in the series and they will be sold at normal price reflected on our website.

http://www.eurooptic.com/sako-quad-euro-optic-special-edition-custom-22lr.aspx

<span style="font-weight: bold">PRE-ORDER SPECS:</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">McMillan Stock choices:</span>
A2
A3
A3-5
A5
HTG (M40)
Sako Varmint

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stock Colors:</span>
Please specify your choice of colors - see below for a few of our favorites.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Cerakote Metal Color Choices:</span>
Desert Tan
Mil Spec OD
Black

<span style="font-weight: bold">Additional features (add to the above price)</span>
threaded muzzle w/ cap (you spec thread pitch) $125 per barrel
coating of additional barrel $75.00
kmw cheek piece installed $150.00
sling stud $7.50
flush cup $13.00
add limbsaver pad $23.00
Adjustable LOP with Spacer System $116.00
2 way vert butt plate $116.00
3 way plate $180.00
saddle CP $116.00
integral thumbwheel CP $142.00
anschutz forend rail $53.00
seekins forend pic rail for bipod attachment $33.25

<span style="font-weight: bold">**You can also add your choice of Lilja spare drop in barrel for your rifle for the discounted price $350 each. They will be available in the other 3 rimfire calibers, 22WMR, 17HMR and 17HM2</span>

To place your order, please specify Mcmillan stock model and color choice, as well as any extras you would like, along with your choice of metal color and any extra barrels you would like. To secure your spot in line for one of these rifles, we will need a 25% non-refundable deposit. Once the deposit is taken, the stock will be ordered as specified. The Quads are to be delivered by Sako in August 2012, and we expect all 49 custom rifles will be completed within 4 months after they arrive in our shop.

<span style="font-weight: bold">***Please call or email for fastest response***</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Here are a few of our favorites for thase that may have trouble deciding</span>

GAP camo Sako Varmint Stock (metal color not avail)

jb2.jpg

Desert Camo A5 and mil spec OD cerakote

jb1.jpg

1/3 each OD/Black/tan A5

jb3.jpg

KMW Bolt handle will look like this:

Digital%20photos%204%204%2009%20046.jpg

Re: Sako QUAD - CUSTOM Trainer @ EuroOptic - YOU SPEC!

very cool ready to go 22 trainer, if i didn't already have one in a manners stock i would be all over this.

Thats a sweet package. Im gonna have to see what i live without so i can afford one of these

I got mine on the last group buy in 08 and I love mine. I thought Beretta quit making these?

Jason, how many mags and of what size will these come with? Also, will extra mags be available? Thanks.

- Lilja barrels are 21"

- yes, the triggerguard/pic rails/bolt knob will be painted to match your metal

- Sako still makes them, but Beretta stopped importing them last year as 4-barrel kits, they are now re-importing them as single rifles with extra barrels available to purchase but only certain dealers were able to order them.

- as for the mags the rifle will come with a 5rd as normal, but we will have 5rd and hi cap. mags available (10rd for 22lr/17M2 and 9rd for magnums)

Jason

That will be a nice rifle and good choices. If I wasn't putting one together with a Sako Finnfire I would be interested. I didn't opt for replacing my stock varmint contour Sako barrel with a Lilja because it was very good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any reason the A4 stock isn't available? </div></div>

Mcmillan said the inlet would not work on the A4

Jason

Been waiting for something like this forever! Just ordered mine...

- Extra Barrel in 17HMR
- Metal Color of: Desert Tan
- McMillian Stock A5 (Desert Camo)
- Added integral thumbwheel CP
- Add flush cup x2 on left side
- Add additional stud for bipod

Now I just need a time machine to travel forward to January

Too bad KRG doesn't have the W3C available for the Quad yet, would have been a neat option.

-pd

I called and placed my order today after work, but I had the exact same thought about the KRG and mentioned it in passing the to the gentleman who took my order. I'm certain there would be strong interest in such a combination.

0604022027a.jpg

Here is mine from the last buy. Have fun guys, I will not part with it!

Would the guys from the last group buy mind posting some pictures of groups they've shot with these rifles and the options they went with?

the pic above was taken last night at the range. I cant remember all my options, overscoped though, but I love it.

That target was 100 yards and I was just testing some other mods on the rifle. No back rest, just my knuckle and shoulder on the butt. Aguila Target G.E.ammo from the CMP store. I havent had much trigger time on this as work has been in the way.
0604022027.jpg

0604022028.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ddeaton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the pic above was taken last night at the range. I cant remember all my options, overscoped though, but I love it.

That target was 100 yards and I was just testing some other mods on the rifle. No back rest, just my knuckle and shoulder on the butt. Aguila Target G.E.ammo from the CMP store. I havent had much trigger time on this as work has been in the way.
0604022027.jpg

0604022028.jpg
</div></div>

My CZ did that this weekend first outting with a stock barrel and SK standard+

cz455PTgrn (2) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
100 yards varried wind and heat

6-3-12 (7) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

6-3-12 (6) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

6-3-12 (5) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
Nice rifle your got there but I think Im keeping my CZ

One thing we have not mentioned thus far is the stock length of pull. We will assume a standard 13.5" LOP unless something different is ordered.

Jason

Good deal. I just ordered one w/ additional 17HMR barrel.

I just added an HMR barrel to my order and Keefer told me that they've already sold 30 of the 49.

For the love of all that is Holy. I waited months to decide what really nice .22lr rifle I could get to knock down some ammo costs since I've been shooting so much lately.

I looked, I hesitated, I looked some more. Now, two months into a six month wait for my Volquartsen Fusion, this happens. My timing sucks.

I know my rifle will be sweet but this is dead nuts perfect. Enjoy everyone.

sir,

can a person spec a barrel length longer than 21" ?

thx bob

I have mused about buying a quality rimfire for my younger (grammar school age) children that would still fit dad when he borrows it (a lot). I suspect it is unrealistic to expect this fine rifle to fit all, but I ask hopefully—Is the LOP potentially adjustable from "chipmunk" to adult? What is the approximate weight with the McMillan stocks? Is the Manners MCS-SL superlight stock a possibility?

Any comments about the paired Burris scope?

WIth one of these on the way for the children's Christmas, I am curious what scopes other buyers are choosing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nukes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have mused about buying a quality rimfire for my younger (grammar school age) children that would still fit dad when he borrows it (a lot). I suspect it is unrealistic to expect this fine rifle to fit all, but I ask hopefully&#151;Is the LOP potentially adjustable from "chipmunk" to adult? What is the approximate weight with the McMillan stocks? Is the Manners MCS-SL superlight stock a possibility?

Any comments about the paired Burris scope?</div></div>

I would not expect this rifles at a normal length of pull to fit a small child at all, big heavy rifle for youth. Also, if you are going to shuck out that kinda cash for a 22lr, get a Zeiss 4.5-14x50 or something similar. I run this scope on my custom 22lr and its super bright for a 1" tube.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nukes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WIth one of these on the way for the children's Christmas, I am curious what scopes other buyers are choosing. </div></div>

Sure hope these get done by Christmas. I'm planning on putting on a Weaver Tactical 3-15x50. Same control layout as my NF F1s and plenty good glass for 400 yards or so which I figure as pretty much a maximum range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Special Delivery</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nukes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have mused about buying a quality rimfire for my younger (grammar school age) children that would still fit dad when he borrows it (a lot). I suspect it is unrealistic to expect this fine rifle to fit all, but I ask hopefully&#151;Is the LOP potentially adjustable from "chipmunk" to adult? What is the approximate weight with the McMillan stocks? Is the Manners MCS-SL superlight stock a possibility?

Any comments about the paired Burris scope?</div></div>

I would not expect this rifles at a normal length of pull to fit a small child at all, big heavy rifle for youth. Also, if you are going to shuck out that kinda cash for a 22lr, get a Zeiss 4.5-14x50 or something similar. I run this scope on my custom 22lr and its super bright for a 1" tube. </div></div>

In consideration of the kids' sizes, before I ordered the rifle EuroOptic instructed me in two methods of measuring the kids' LOP—gotta love that kind of customer service. The shortest was 11½" and the longest was 12". The A3-5 stock I ordered has adjustable LOP, down to 12½" LOP. Given how fast we are upgrading shoe sizes (and skirt length), it seemed reasonable to run with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KTM690Enduro</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nukes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WIth one of these on the way for the children's Christmas, I am curious what scopes other buyers are choosing. </div></div>

Sure hope these get done by Christmas. I'm planning on putting on a Weaver Tactical 3-15x50. Same control layout as my NF F1s and plenty good glass for 400 yards or so which I figure as pretty much a maximum range. </div></div>

Yes, I too am holding my breath for Christmas delivery. I will check out the Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 and the Zeiss 4.5-14x50.

I thought I had found one of the discontinued Burris Sako Quad 3-9x32mm scopes, but it was a false alarm. It doesn't have the Horus reticle, but it seemed worthwhile to add collector's value to this heirloom package.

Given the .17HMR accuracy described by earlier Custom Sako Quad owners and my penchant for the Horus reticles, I am leaning towards the Bushnell Elite Tactical HDMR 3.5-21x 50mm, Horus H-59 ET35215. I just can't justify dropping >$4k on another S&B (or Zeiss) for a rimfire.

Hey, here's a question—since we plan on maxing out the range of this rifle, will I need a 0, 20, or 40 MOA mount for the scope? Or will the 20 MOA DIProducts rail be sufficient?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nukes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WIth one of these on the way for the children's Christmas, I am curious what scopes other buyers are choosing. </div></div>

Nightforce C434 5.5-22x56 ZS MOAR F2 is what EuroOptic delivered today along with NF medium rings for mine. Keefer (EO) said everything is on schedule when he brought the scope to my office.
EO's customer service is second to none.

Nukes Hey said:
At a minimum go with a 20MOA base, but I would do 30MOA if you are getting a quality 30mm scope. This will allow you to maximize your elevation turret.

I have a 30 MOA base on my rifle and with both the NF 3-15 and SS 5-20, I was able to dial to just shy of 500 yards (28 mils ish to 500 yds). I remember needing to dial 21 mils just to 400 yards. So if you want to stretch your 22's legs, get a scope with enough elevation in the tube to do it to begin with.

Regards,
DT

Nice glass!

Well... with 14.5 mils in the HDMR adjustment, about 9 mils in the H59 reticle available at high power, and 6 mils in the DI Products rail it looks like my children won't be doing any 500 meter rimfire elk hunting [laughing]... or I will need to put pricier glass on this heirloom.

Ready to see these...

Guys,

I spoke with McMillan the other day and they are running behind their initial anticipated delivery time (by 6 weeks or so), so this will slow everything down. All of the other items needed for the builds are either at GAP currently or will be any day, so the rest of the parts will be waiting as soon as the stocks arrive.

Unfortunately I do not see any of them being finished before January now.

Jason

Ouch, you're killing me!

I spoke with Jason this morning for an update. He said that most of the rifles are at GAP being engraved. Likely the Sako Quads will be delivered in February.

Anyone see any of these yet? Last update I saw said they hoped to have some done mid-January?

Are there any still available? I know I'm 6 months late, as usual.

Thanks, I will have to call Euro Optic. I really like the looks of these rifles.

I believe the Sako Quad uses a similar footprint as the 700.

But if your asking if you can order one from EO...probably not.

You can see if they have one leftover and buy your own AICS and sell off the MCM stock...but I believe GAP beds it...so that would be extra work for a potential buyer.

The whole point of the group buy was to get what you want on a rifle that is limited importation to the U.S.

Thanks for the info. I have a finnfire p94s that I would like to put into an aics chasis. My favorite long range gun was built on a aics 2.0 chasis an would like a trainer in that chasis.

Ok, since this topic has risen back to page 1, I will be the one to ask; has anyone seen any of these yet????

Oh man, one of these in an HTG would be a dream come true for me. Some of you guys are lucky dogs to afford these rifles. I love 17HMR but could never afford a rifle like this :(