• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako s20 and barrel options

PRCslut

Private
Minuteman
QUESTION?
I have a Sako S20 in 6.5 PRC. Great rifle. I want to put a carbon barrel on it. I am convinced that having a 7.5 or 7 twist on this caliber would be beneficial, especially if I want to run loads similar to the Hornady ELDX 143. I am also convinced that the only real benefit to a cold hammer forged barrel that is offered on most stoeger rifles is that no break in is required. This makes sense for a person who would have this gun their entire life and only use it as a hunting rifle. Having a bit less weight wouldn’t hurt once I get my precision front end and a few attachments.

My ideal end game is a S20 with:
Carbon barrel (proof, Bartlein, or boss)
CTR forward set trigger
Precision front end, hunter back end

Do these rifles use the same barrels as t3x light?
Who offers a carbon barrel for this rifle?

Reactions: toader
Bringing up an old thread.

Has anyone rebarreled a Sako S20? Will the Proof Research Tikka Pre-Fit barrels thread in to the S20 action?
Thinking about changing my 300 WM to a 7mm PRC

Thanks!

Bringing this up again since the S20s are discounted now. It would be interesting if Tikka prefits would work.

Bringing this up again since the S20s are discounted now. It would be interesting if Tikka prefits would work.
I can't personally attest to it, but I've read a couple places that Tikka prefits will fit Sako 85 but not S20. As far as I could find, there aren't prefits available for S20.