• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako s20 base help

M4orturnate

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2021
Cleveland Ohio
I definitely need some help here. I judt made a deal for a zco scope(so pumped). But unfortunately i cant find a 20 moa mounting solution for my sako s20. It has a separated pic rail machined in. Of course any of their proprietary optilok bases are oss. Does anyone know of something that will work? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Attachments

• 16342493056706443747608577909029.jpg
    16342493056706443747608577909029.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 209
Tag for info too… its the one thing on this gun keeping me from getting one for the NRLH.

And maybe the fact that the US market doesn’t have 2-stage triggers and heavier contours…. Wft

Sako pretty much invented this problem…

Tag for info too… its the one thing on this gun keeping me from getting one for the NRLH.

And maybe the fact that the US market doesn’t have 2-stage triggers and heavier contours…. Wft

Sako pretty much invented this problem…
They definitely did. Its a excellent gun. Butter smooth and shoots lights out but optilok mounts are unobtainable and nothing in the US seems to work. The bushnell canted rings are great but i cant find them in 36mm.

I have a friend who uses the Burris XTR signature rings that have the moa inserts and they seem to work pretty well for him. I have personally been looking for a base instead of using the ring inserts but the only things I have found are outside the US (if that matters):

I do have to say I love the gun and the ability to switch stocks is nice.

As an aside, is anyone else having trouble with the thumb rests cracking? I am not sure if it is perhaps me overtorquing the screws or something else, but I have had two thumb rests crack so far on the precision stock and am puzzled as to why it is happening.

I have a friend who uses the Burris XTR signature rings that have the moa inserts and they seem to work pretty well for him. I have personally been looking for a base instead of using the ring inserts but the only things I have found are outside the US (if that matters):

I do have to say I love the gun and the ability to switch stocks is nice.

As an aside, is anyone else having trouble with the thumb rests cracking? I am not sure if it is perhaps me overtorquing the screws or something else, but I have had two thumb rests crack so far on the precision stock and am puzzled as to why it is happening.
Pics?

The first two pics are of the older buttstock that I replaced because it seemed kind of "off". The third pic is from the replacement buttstock and I am not sure if the minor crack appeared after I shot it for the first time or it it came like that. It is a 308 so the recoil shouldn't be a factor.

In relation to the original post, I am planning on getting the contessa rail soon and can report back on it if anyone is interested. It looks like it might be the best option for a pic rail.

Attachments

• Sako S20 Thumb 1.jpg
    Sako S20 Thumb 1.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 223
  • Sako S20 Thumb 2.jpg
    Sako S20 Thumb 2.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 163
  • Sako S20 Thumb 3.jpg
    Sako S20 Thumb 3.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 276
The first two pics are of the older buttstock that I replaced because it seemed kind of "off". The third pic is from the replacement buttstock and I am not sure if the minor crack appeared after I shot it for the first time or it it came like that. It is a 308 so the recoil shouldn't be a factor.

In relation to the original post, I am planning on getting the contessa rail soon and can report back on it if anyone is interested. It looks like it might be the best option for a pic rail.
Where are you getting it from? I cant find one that ships to the US

And that’s the Precision stock right?

And that’s the Precision stock right?
Yessir, the precision stock. I have checked everything related to where it connects to the action and nothing seems out of place so I am a bit puzzled by it. I also contacted Beretta and they sent an email about sending it in but I am not sure it would be worth the time that would take if it is something easy to fix or that I am doing wrong when attaching it.

The factory 20 MOA rail is available at Beretta.com

There’s some coupons for $$$ off. $25 off $100, $75 off $250, and others.

Last edited:
I reached out the Near. He does have a solution (at least for a 34mm tube scope I asked about).

Product is: LD34MM BEAST
http://www.trg42.com/alphamount

Has 15MOA built in. Custom MOA available (per his email).
Pictures of the mount with a Nightforce ATACR 7-35x55 (he sent these to me).

90EE167E-419A-4CF3-A172-4384406D2746.jpeg
E7717E97-43CF-4324-B305-9C032C87F63E.jpeg

I think this mount will work as well:

Just shy of 5” in length, it’ll span the gap. I have the mount, in hand, and I’m pretty sure it’s going to work great, when I have a new scope (Black Friday???). Rifle is currently wearing a Vudu 5-25x50. Guess I should post a picture how I made that work (stubby little scope)???

This may bea little late regarding the scope mount issue, but +1 on the mounts made by Near mfg. They are one piece mounts and are true works of art. I was led to them a few years ago when looking for one piece mounts for my Weatherby. Richard Near is a true gentleman and will help you get the correct mount. I just received mine and mounted a Steiner Predator four on my S20. As a side note, they make a small bubble level that screws into the cross mounting bolt. Very cool. Enjoy the S20

I run one of the hunting mounts on my tikka/Vortex LHT. It is indeed a great match.

Would love to know if they work on S20 as well. Someone had 6.5PRC models for $1200.