• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Sako TRG 22 finally back from the shop

SmokyJoe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2011
Sonoma County, CA
Many thanks to Marc at Spartan Precision and Todd at Phantom Finishing. Marc cut the barrel to 22" and installed a Badger Thruster brake. Todd cerakoted the barreled action with graphite black. Their work is excellent!

The KRG folder and shortened barrel move the balance point rearward, so, even at 15 lbs she balances well, centered on the front ring.

Sighted in at 100 yds with SWA's 175gr SMK. First shot 1" high, corrected three clicks, second shot dead center. Loaded three more in the mag and they grouped right, but within 1/2 moa. Not bad, although given a few more rounds I know I am capable of much worse!

Looking forward to stretching her legs!

Re: Sako TRG 22 finally back from the shop

absolutely awesome looking gun, a TRG is the one gun i have always liked and never come close to owning, mabye some day i hear so many good things about em.

looks like it shoots as good as it looks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">absolutely awesome looking gun, a TRG is the one gun i have always liked and never come close to owning, mabye some day i hear so many good things about em. </div></div>

Thanks. It just takes time and patience. Besides, you're still teaching Little Joe how to handle a pistol. Bravo on that.

Lol Thanx, I have a aiaw instead but the TRG still beckons lol

what an awesome rig... i dig that muzzle break. how effective is it?

Thanks. The brake does a good job, very little felt recoil. It's a Badger Thruster that Marc at Spartan Precision machined to match the barrel profile.

yea i guess i was wondering that too. how do you know what size to get or do they have different thicknesses for say bull barrels?

It comes from Badger raw at 0.95" dia. Your smith would machine it to match the barrel, and would re-bore the opening for your caliber if necessary. They have four models: three with different thread sizes; one with no threads: Badger Thruster

If your bull barrel is more than 0.95" diameter at the muzzle, a larger brake would be better. If so, start with your barrel diameter, then google away. There are dozens of brakes out there. Some gunsmiths will make custom brakes. Once you settle on a brake you are interested in, do a custom search here Snipers Hide Search Engine to learn what Hide members think about it.