• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG 22 in 260 Remington - NOW TAKING DEPOSITS

jb1000br

Jason@EuroOptic
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2001
On my Belly
NOW TAKING DEPOSITS, SEE POST BELOW

Any interest in a special run of SAKO TRGs in 260 Rem directly from Sako?

This would be a 1 time, limited run that would start delivery in December.

Post interest here or send PM.

Cheers,
Jason

Re: Sako TRG 22 in 260 Remington...Anyone Interested?

That's an awesome offering. I wish they had that option when I purchased mine. If I didn't already have the first one, I would be all about it.

For those of you who have never been behind one...this is your ticket to one of the slickest tactical/sniper (Yes, in this case it is a SNIPER rifle) rifle that you can get your hands on. They are also wickedly accurate and have arguably the best trigger of any production (I'd argue even custom...aside from an Anschutz Trigger) centerfire rifle. If you have wavered between getting one before, now would be the time to do it. They go up in price almost every year.

Josh

Clear your box and PM me

Dang, if only this were available earlier. Too late for me as I'm waiting for my 6.5CM barrel for my TRG as we speak but had this been around before I bought my rifle(s) I would have jumped at it. Very cool that Sako is going to make their TRG with a factory .260REM barrel. WAY cool!

what are the specs going to be , length and twist ... its about time

Final specs are not hammered out yet, but I would imagine we are looking at 26" barrel, 8"-9" twist

PM box cleaned out...some what
smile.gif
send your email address and/or phone number and I'll put you on the list to notify with details.

JB

FYI - internal length of a 308 TRG mag is about 2.96" so that would let you seat a 140 class bullet out about 0.1" further to allow a bit of extra powder room over a normal Rem SA Magazine (~2.85")

JB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any chance you could have them use an 8 twist barrel? </div></div>

The 1:9" twist will <span style="font-weight: bold">NOT</span> stabilize the custom 155 grain bullets I use. Even a 1:8.5" twist if not guarenteed. My vote is for 1:8" twist.

What would the price point be? I have enough irons in the fire as is but this sounds awesome

Price would be on par with the TRG 22 in 308. 8 twist is most likely.

pm's returned.

JB

OK, sticking with 8 twist, how much interest would there be in a 24" barrel instead of 26"?

24" would be much better imo esp I'd threaded for suppressor

My vote is for a Green Stock, Phosphate Finish.

I don't know enough about the needs of the 6.5 bullets, but have heard from several shooters that a longer barrel is needed. So what length of barrel do you need for this caliber to shoot to 1000-yards and beyond?

24" is good for me, as long as it's not cutting it short - so to speak.

I vote for what ever is the optimum twist rate for the 139/140-gr bullet.

PM sent with contact info.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">24" would be much better imo esp I'd threaded for suppressor</div></div>

you dont want sako to thread it, it will be some crazy metric threading that your made in us suppresor won't work on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alpine 338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My vote is for a Green Stock, Phosphate Finish.

I don't know enough about the needs of the 6.5 bullets, but have heard from several shooters that a longer barrel is needed. <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">So what length of barrel do you need for this caliber to shoot to 1000-yards and beyond?</span></span>

24" is good for me, as long as it's not cutting it short - so to speak.

I vote for what ever is the optimum twist rate for the 139/140-gr bullet.

PM sent with contact info. </div></div>

I used a 20" barrel to shoot 1080 yards and beyond. It's only for 1200 yards and beyond that a significantly longer barrel is ideal.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1014329

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_02_BIG-963x469.jpg

what is the price we're looking at?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">24" would be much better imo esp I'd threaded for suppressor</div></div>

you dont want sako to thread it, it will be some crazy metric threading that your made in us suppresor won't work on. </div></div>

Surefire makes a break for the TRG that a Surefire can attaches to. I already bought one of the breaks for one of my TRG's, and a .338 Surefire can is on my wish list. I vote to keep it the same thread as the other TRG's.

18x1 is standard thread. I don't know that it would be any better to make is 3/4x28...or 3/4x24...or 5/8x24...someone will be left out either way and 1 isn't much more universal than the other. Will probably keep it std. TRG thread to TRG accessories will fit.

JB

Would be interested. 24-26" barrel would be my wish. Threaded with standard TRG thread so the standard accessories could be used. When would we need to provide FFL info and money?

Take care,Stan

Stan,

don't have those specifics yet, but pm me your emial/phone # and I'll let you know when we do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">24" would be much better imo esp I'd threaded for suppressor</div></div>

you dont want sako to thread it, it will be some crazy metric threading that your made in us suppresor won't work on. </div></div>

Could we have a gunsmith make us an adapter? Or, could we have them just nix the threading and we can do it if we like by whom we like?

I think standard TRG threading is the best. Yes, a smith can make an adaptor as well.

JB

I think most can mfrs will accommodate an 18x1 thread. I know that shark does, as I am awaiting my Jaws for my TRG42.

any other comments?

PM sent, but I'm hoping for an 8 twist, fixed stock. 26 inch would be my choice.

will definitely be 8 twist, and probably 26" as well, that way if you want a shorter barrel, you can have it cut and threaded, but it is not that easy to add length to the barrel
smile.gif

Jason

For those interested, these are still going to happen, just waiting on confirmation of a few things before posting further details.

JB

Also interested, this sounds like a winner.

CJG

Also very interested, I shoot a Tikka varmint in same cal. works great!

Did I miss the barrel contour? I would guess it's the same taper as the rest of the short action rifles.

Contour will be the same as the TRG 22 in 308Win.

JB

A 24" would be nice, I think I would do one in that... 26" makes it a competition rifle, and really what are you losing at 24"... worst case -40fps ? Best, -20fps.

JB, I'm highly interested in a TRG 22 in the 260. Please include me in any information on ordering at chad at dallasreloads dot com. I have thought about building a 260 off a TRG 22 platform since I love the gun. A 26" barrel would be great. Thanks!

shit i don't care anything between 22-26" will work. i have held off getting a trg because i am strictly a match shooter and 308 just doesn't do it for me (not that it can't just prefer others). it would be tuff to pass up a trg in 260 though.

I know this is crazy but i would prefer unthreaded barrel, that way we could individually deciede what thread pitch we want. the same would also work with the barrel if you go 26" unthreaded we could all just cut them down to desired length.

man you guys and your long barrels, --- if you can't get it done with the velocity from a 24" what makes you think you can get it done with 26"...

it's supposed to be a tactical rifle, 26" was fine in 1992, but today, why bother... most reload anyway so just make up the few fps you would compromise.

Honestly, I wouldn't get it, then send it out to have it worked on, I want it turn key... if i am gonna send it to a smith I would just have the smith build me a rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">man you guys and your long barrels, --- if you can't get it done with the velocity from a 24" what makes you think you can get it done with 26"... </div></div>

The rest of us can carry our rifles muzzle down and not risk sticking it in the mud.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">man you guys and your long barrels, --- if you can't get it done with the velocity from a 24" what makes you think you can get it done with 26"... </div></div>

The rest of us can carry our rifles muzzle down and not risk sticking it in the mud.

Josh</div></div>

But you still can't hit shit... long or short.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But you still can't hit shit... long or short. </div></div>

You carnies can be so testy...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">man you guys and your long barrels, --- if you can't get it done with the velocity from a 24" what makes you think you can get it done with 26"... </div></div>

Josh</div></div>

now that is some funny shit at 6'5" i think i will be fine, the only bummer for me with short barrel is thant i will need the thing rethreaded for 5/8x24 to fit my existing suppressors. if i had to choose i would roll with the 24".

Regarding barrel threads, the factory 18x1 metric threads can be turned down and cut to 5/8x24. I have done this on my rifle so I could use my AAC can.
Justin

The more I think about this, it might be too good to pass up. 22" or 24" would be fine with me. Can't wait to hear more info as this develops!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Regarding barrel threads, the factory 18x1 metric threads can be turned down and cut to 5/8x24. I have done this on my rifle so I could use my AAC can.
Justin</div></div>

kick ass then do whatever barrel length

I might have to take out a loan if you do this. Let someone know.

I'd like to have one also. Love the platform! Thought about getting mine rebarreled but if this happens, I'd be in.

Josh </div></div>

Now I understand why Frank got that AI Covert a few years back...it all makes sense
laugh.gif