• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Photos Sako TRG 22 with 5 Color Urban Flecktarn UK

Dirty Harry

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Scotland UK
Cost me a small fortune this .308 rig but worth every penny!

The Nightforce 12x42 really compliments the rifle.

PES T12 Moderator is as quiet as they get

Just loves to shoot the Berger 185 VLD'S - true sub 0.5 MOA - Sako use a 1:11 twist.

Re: Sako TRG 22 with 5 Color Urban Flecktarn UK

A professional from Manchester England painted this with Duracoat / Flecktarn Stenciling...

Northwest Custom Parts

Very tough finish and most importantly tolerant to extreme barrel heat.

Great rifle! (gorgeous table:)

quality is obvious!

best, Herman

Custom stock on that bad boy.. not surprised at all if it cost a small fortune
wink.gif

But very nice colour
laugh.gif

Thats not a custom stock.... there is a folder option on them.

Love the paint job. nice selection.

Unfortunatley our friends at Sako tend to pull our pants down on the price of the adjustable folding stock option as the metal work on the whole rifle has phosphatized finish and a bit more weight - adds a much higher price tag to the rifle......

The chap that did the work informed the duracoat on the suppressor should be fine however the muzzle break may take a bit of a beating so I had that done in a single color which was Sig black.

Good looking rifle, the folder looks 100% better than the standard TRG stock.

That Duracoat should hold up fine, it's some mean shit.

Eddie,

Waynne at NWCP charged £300 all in ... sounds expensive but for that he did the following:

Full degrease - to get rid of all signs of gun oil
Full stripdown & prep for 5 colour stencil
I've got everything coated, even the TRG scope rings, magazines, bolt handle, muzzle thread protector etc.... it took him quite a few hours so the price really isn't that bad - lucky he doesn't charge by the hour

5 color camo is never cheap. That's a lot of work involved...

Had no idea TRG 22 had a folding stock option now, that's awesome.

As for how it looks... all I can say is wow, he did a good job!

great stock, when i worked on Beretta, this is just arrived from Finland.. congratulation man
wink.gif

Dirty Harry said:
Cost me a small fortune this .308 rig but worth every penny!

The Nightforce 12x42 really compliments the rifle.

PES T12 Moderator is as quiet as they get

cool but out of my price range

Regular Duracoat can only withstand about 500 degrees of heat so if you run that can much at all across multiple shots it is likely gonna come off. They make a high heat version that can handle up around 1700 degrees.

I looked into this before getting the job done on the rifle...

I think it's actually 600 degrees according to Duracoat but your unlikely to reach this temp with a bolt action rifle during normal course of fire..... but yes, the metal on the can will heat faster & hotter I'm sure! For an auto rifle I would have went for the extreme heat version (if we were allowed such splendid toys in the UK).

I'm ex military - Royal Marines - I used to fire GPMG SF which is machine guns mounted on tripods for fire support. The barrels on those babies used to run white hot after 400 rounds rapid fire - would be a good test for extreme heat duracoat!

Interesting. I've got a TRG-42 in 300WM. It'a a real shooter, seems to love 190gr SMKs, and shoots them all day a 1/4 MOA as well.

Curiously, what model and brand is your suppressor? I'm looking to use one as the folks at the ranger are starting to get a tad annoyed with the blast of the Near brake on my TRG.

The sound suppressor is a New Zealand made PES-T12.

It is semi-strippable so easy to clean and is stainless steel so should last.

The 12 baffles make it much easier on the ear and for fellow shooters who don't like my brake on.
I have done quite a bit of testing and doesn't affect accuracy, in fact probably improves due to the easier recoil.

As for using the heavier bullets, I did much load development using the excellent Lapua 155gr silver scenars. I could get good 5 shot groups but would always get the odd flyer through no fault of my own. Since I moved to the Berger 185 VLD Match I always have my groups touching at 100 yards.
I chronographed the load of 42gr Vihtavouri N140 and was getting 2550 fps which is good enough out to 600 yards.

My 1000 yard rifle is the excellent Factory Savage F-Class chambered in 6mmbr. I wanted a round that would give me over 3000 fps at the muzzle without being a barrel burner so opted for this over the 6.5x284

Silencers are illegal in Canada
frown.gif

So people have to live with my muzzle break
grin.gif

Q.Q

Really, really nice camo job on a very nice rifle. Enjoy.

I thought all guns were illegal in the UK? Didnt you guys have to turn them in not too long ago?

In the UK we are ok with Bolt action & straight pull in almost any calibre on ranges where you can shoot them.

No semi-auto unless 22rf calibre. No fully auto period!

Gallery rifles ok, old military, black powder, as for pistols they must be over 24 inch (I think) which means we are restricted to Long Barrel Revolvers with 12 inch barrels with brace attached which effectivley transforms the firearm into a carbine.

I even have an AR-15 but you guys would not appreciate this as it's been modified for straight pull only. Kind of takes the fun away as you can imagine but at least we can still enjoy the excellent black rifle!

Folder goes for around £4200, can you believe it!

Glad i purchased my one before the eprice hike.

That Rifle is Sex! I love Digi urban camo but im very impressed by how this rifle looks. Very nice man!