• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG Swivel installation problems

Bloodstriker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2013
I bought my TRG used and it didn't come with swivel attachments. However, I was able to purchase them from somebody who didn't need them on his rifle. The problem is that I have no idea how to install these.

Here is the picture of the parts I want to install.

yvu8uses.jpg

Here's a picture of the bottom accessory rail on the forend:

namapu6y.jpg

I slid the standard swivel with the mount into this, but I don't know how to fix it in place.

Here's the bracket next to the barrel:

y4u7a6ej.jpg

I slid the mount with the loop on it into the bracket. However, the hole on the bracket is bigger than the hex screw. It's very loose.

Here are a few pictures of the flush cups that I want to change to the two loops:

2e7aza6a.jpg
nu2ubyva.jpg

You can see a screw inside. I was able to unscrew one of them but the other just spins and doesn't come out.

Any ideas?

The one on the left goes in the bottom rail. The second from left goes on the side rail. Both the screws act as tension screws only. So you just put them where you want and make sure nothing is under the screw and tighten them down. For the butt stock ones you must remove both those screws that are in the flush cups and replaces them with the loop studs that you have. There should be a brass insert in the stock that the screws are screwed into. Maybe that is spinning.

I was just about to ask the same question. I want to use a Tab biathlon sling with flush cups. How do i attach the flushcup to the front? And where do i get the fitting for the front? Thanks

Sako makes a flush cup fitting that goes in the bottom rail. I think it runs about $50.

The one on the left goes in the bottom rail. The second from left goes on the side rail. Both the screws act as tension screws only. So you just put them where you want and make sure nothing is under the screw and tighten them down. For the butt stock ones you must remove both those screws that are in the flush cups and replaces them with the loop studs that you have. There should be a brass insert in the stock that the screws are screwed into. Maybe that is spinning.

Thank you. That's a ton of help!

Any ideas on how to fix that brass insert so that I can remove the screws in the flush cups?