• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAKO TRG22 barrel contour?

Distance shooter

Minuteman
Oct 13, 2009
California
I have used the search engine but have not had much luck. I want to make a switch barrel out of my TRG22 , but I do not know what contour barrel will fit the action. I have measured my barrel and it is smaller in diameter than any of the ones listed on the Kreiger contour web page. If anyone has any info on what contour would fit, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

Re: SAKO TRG22 barrel contour?

If you are using the original Sako TRG bipod the barrel can´t be thicker than 24.8mm over the bipods-area, otherwise it will not clear the bipod.

If you are not using the TRG bipod and if I recall correctly the MTU countor will fit if you take off the "side mounted" swivel attachment which is connected in the chassi under the barrel.

Sakos use a palma-like contour. I think a medium palma is a pretty close match. As for barrel channel, youve got all the room in the world. Just be sure you can clear the bipod, as mentioned above.

Thanks for the help. I was concerned about the shank diameter of 1.250 on the kreiger site because I measured my Sako barrel and it was 1.158 at the action, but there is a lot of room in the channel. Thanks again.

DS

Might want to ask forwardeyes as he has a light varmint contour on his TRG rebarreled to a .260 and he has notched his barrel to work with the TRG bipod. It has worked well so far and the gun shoots well.

This is how my barrel looked like to be able to use the TRG bipod:
IMG_0744.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lill-rambo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is how my barrel looked like to be able to use the TRG bipod:
IMG_0744.jpg
</div></div>

Is that the wide or newer narrower bipod?

If I recall correctly that was the wider one but I have now switch to the new one that is more narrow.