• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Sandpaper textured spraypaint

Red Ryder

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
A few years ago I had a truck that I wanted to spraypaint the lip of the bed with a protective coating. I found a rattlecan paint that, when applied, had the texture of fine sandpaper. I have been looking for this paint for sometime to put on the grips of my A5s but I can't find it anywhere. I <span style="font-style: italic">think </span> 3M made it but I'm not sure. Anybody got any ideas as to who made (makes) the paint?

Thanks for your responses.

Re: Sandpaper textured spraypaint

yep , Brownells stuff works pretty good , the stuff i had was about like 80 grit but not sharp. i use the rattle can spray in bed liner from Auto-Zone now , you can vary the texture by how far away you hold the can. The devcon method that HateCA uses also works real well.

Give the bed liner a try though , you will be supprised

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Give the bed liner a try though , you will be supprised </div></div>

Not to be confused with rubberized undercoating.

Home Depot sells a texturized spray by RustOleum. Pretty good stuff. Did a whole wood 10-22 stock with it and most everybody wanted to know how to get some. KMHO

friend of mine used it, and he liked it pretty good.

I'd thought about the rubberized undercoating for the barrel and I'd even mentioned it on another thread. But someone responded and said that wasn't a good idea. I'll take a look at Auto-zone and Home Depot. Thanks

I was picking up some krylon and walmart and saw they had some kind of textured paint made by Rustoleum.