• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sandy Hook Settlement

I hope this sets a precedent that now any other manufacturer can be held liable for miss use of their products. Beer, wine, liquor, knife, auto makers why not, hell even the gasoline company’s for supplying the fuel.
While each is ultimately responsible for their own choices, I can see a certain point. Young people are greatly influenced by media and not developed enough to always make wise choices.

They are saying that not the rifle, but the marketing, influenced him. "Get you man card back." I may be in the minority here but a gun doesnt make you a man, it just makes you a person with a gun. Having a car that goes from 0-60 in 4 seconds dowsnt make you a man, jsut a person with a fast car. I dont see that as justification for the verdict.

I like the Budweiser commercials that say (paraphrased) "If youre going to drink and drive, this Bud's not for you." They may using foresight in hoping to limit any liability, but the message is a good one.

Reactions: Short-bus
I hope this sets a precedent that now any other manufacturer can be held liable for miss use of their products. Beer, wine, liquor, knife, auto makers why not, hell even the gasoline company’s for supplying the fuel.
When that happens you will see judges and lawyers held responsible for repeat offenders.

Cold day in hell....

Well, they also did it with Prudue stating their drugs were the cause of addiction. Blows my mind that you can't get prescription drugs without a doctor's prescription. Aren't the doctors culpable?

Reactions: P-Squared
Makes the memo from Zeiss make more sense.

What a crock of shit, what advertising made that sick fuck want to murder a bunch of pre-school children. Sounds like the biggest bitch in the world. I would like to see the exact add....

Are video game companies safe? Hollywood action movies?

While I get the emotions. This is a settlement and

1. Does not set any legal precedent
And
2. Does not admit any wrongdoing or guilt.

They simply paid them off to go away. If the sandy hook parents actually were out to hold Remington accountable they would have said no and gone to civil litigation. But no, they just wanted money.

The articles about this are not being as specific about the nature of why Remington settled as they should be - typical journalism today. Nevertheless, this outcome is dangerous for 2A rights, yes, but not much different - in fact, quite the same - as cigarette company liability as a consequence of their advertising. In particular cig advertising that eluded to a smoker being cool or a better man/woman, which existed for decades and which they are not allowed to do anymore (never mind the advertising that effectively stated there was no risk). If there was a large anti-car culture - and that is growing - there likely already would have been successful settlements with companies like Porsche that sell "streetable race cars" that are far more capable than any legal limit. Expect to see lawsuits like that toward car companies going forward, I suspect. In fact, I'd bet the start with Tesla and their vehicles being able to accelerate so quickly - faster than almost all ICE super cars.

It's unfortunate that we live in a society that avoids and litigates away the individual responsibility necessary for a society to function absent tyrannical overrule but, at the same time, a firearm manufacturer selling any type of firearm does not need to advertise anything but its features to sell plenty of them. I don't know what the advertisement was that put Remington in a corner, but hence forth they'll all have to be careful.

Last edited:
Reactions: AleksanderSuave
While each is ultimately responsible for their own choices, I can see a certain point. Young people are greatly influenced by media and not developed enough to always make wise choices.

They are saying that not the rifle, but the marketing, influenced him. "Get you man card back." I may be in the minority here but a gun doesnt make you a man, it just makes you a person with a gun. Having a car that goes from 0-60 in 4 seconds dowsnt make you a man, jsut a person with a fast car. I dont see that as justification for the verdict.

I like the Budweiser commercials that say (paraphrased) "If youre going to drink and drive, this Bud's not for you." They may using foresight in hoping to limit any liability, but the message is a good one.
If that was the actual statement in the ad (about getting a "man card back,") then, essentially, their target market was dudes who perceive themselves as p***ies to begin with...

• Haha
While I feel terrible about what happened, this does set a precedent. It may not be a legal precedent but this opens a door for sure. I will also add that you cannot have a free society without individual responsibility. Think about that deeply for a moment.

Does anyone know what the ad in question was?

If that was the actual statement in the ad (about getting a "man card back,") then, essentially, their target market was dudes who perceive themselves as p***ies to begin with...
If you read the article you'd know.

The articles about this are not being as specific about the nature of why Remington settled as they should be - typically journalism today. Nevertheless, this outcome is dangerous for 2A rights, yes, but not much different - in fact, quite the same - as cigarette company liability as a consequence of their advertising. In particular cig advertising that eluded to a smoker being cool or a better man/woman, which existed for decades and which they are not allowed to do anymore (never mind the advertising that effectively stated there was no risk). If there was a large anti-car culture - and that is growing - there likely already would have been successful settlements with companies like Porsche that sell "streetable race cars" that are far more capable than any legal limit. Expect to see lawsuits like that toward car companies going forward, I suspect. In fact, I'd bet the start with Tesla and their vehicles being able to accelerate so quickly - faster than almost all ICE super cars.

It's unfortunate that we live in a society that avoids and litigates away the individual responsibility necessary for a society to function absent tyrannical overrule but, at the same time, a firearm manufacturer selling any type of firearm does not need to advertise anything but its features to sell plenty of them. I don't know what the advertisement was that put Remington in a corner, but hence forth they'll all have to be careful.
Heres one:
milleren0620.png

Heres one:
milleren0620.png
I can certainly understand the parents being upset, their kids were murdered. They wanted to hurt someone, again understandable. I think the parents were leached upon by some POS lawyers who saw a big payday and played them (the parents) for it.

Edit: The lawyers typically get 40% so they got $28,000,000. Fuck them.

Last edited:
Heres one:
milleren0620.png

I don't react well to that advertisement at all, absent any lawsuit. I don't know how that particular ad caused a school shooting - that seems like a leap - but regardless, that ad is - and don't shame me for this - quite sexist. So in order to be a man, I have to have that AR? Imagine a lingerie advertisement that showed a picture of some lace number and big bold text that said "Consider Your Womenhood Reissued." It's just stupid.

Personally, I would specifically NOT buy that rifle if I saw that advertisement. For one, it makes me think the gun is bad enough that they have to be provocative to the male ego in order to sell it instead of making an actually good rifle with desireable features and reliabilty.

I don't react well to that advertisement at all, absent any lawsuit. I don't know how that particular ad caused a school shooting - that seems like a leap - but regardless, that ad is - and don't shame me for this - quite sexist. So in order to be a man, I have to have that AR? Imagine a lingerie advertisement that showed a picture of some lace number and big bold text that said "Consider Your Womenhood Reissued." It's just stupid.

Personally, I would specifically NOT buy that rifle if I saw that advertisement. For one, it makes me think the gun is bad enough that they have to be provocative to the male ego in order to sell it instead of making an actually good rifle with desireable features and reliabilty.
Thats my take. If you need a gun to be a man youre in deep shit.

I may have one for self defense but mostly I have them because I like to shoot at targets, and a couple because they are such pieces of fine craftsmanship.

Whats left of my manhood doesnt need a gun to feel good about itself.

Makes me wish I was a litigious person so I could be a millionaire by being irresponsible and sue everyone else for my screw-ups.

• Love
Reactions: Maggot
Well, they also did it with Prudue stating their drugs were the cause of addiction. Blows my mind that you can't get prescription drugs without a doctor's prescription. Aren't the doctors culpable?
They lied to the Doctors in regards to the likelihood of dependency.

Yup, Nancy Linza got her man-card back.

The shooter did not buy the guns.

I don’t care what that fucking ad said it could’ve said if you go and shoot a bunch of people you will be the coolest motherfucker on earth. Any normal motherfucker that knows right from wrong knows you do not go out and murder a bunch of people…..this was one fucked up individual and it is the kind of individuals that our society has been creating and cultivating…..nobody wants to be held accountable anymore there always has to be some little special reason or mental illness as to why these fucked up pieces of shit do what they do. Any lawyer or judge who allows these kind of cases to happen are part of the problem may they burn in hell.

Oh the possibilities if we went class action and made money off our vices! :devilish:

such-sights-to-show.gif

parasitoris, razor blade, blood on the mattress, reincarnate
It's time to play so don't be a tease
You summoned us up, now it's time to please
This isn't a dream and all is not well
Your suffering will be legendary
Even in hell

Wrathchild America wrote a song about that movie. I had to quote the lyrics and get my wrathchild America plug in.

What’s your pleasure sir?

Can we get a settlement if a law or establishment says I can’t protect myself with my firearm, some bad actor comes in and does bad shit, and I get damaged as a result?

Oh wait, that’s a one way street that always goes away from individual liberty

I suppose the rap artists advocating cop killing or video games like Grand Theft can be next for this dance.

Reactions: Makarios031
I suppose the rap artists advocating cop killing or video games like Grand Theft can be next for this dance.

It's funny how so many people think the GTA games are all about killing cops, but anyone who's actually played the game will tell you that killing cops makes the game virtually unplayable due to your wanted level being so high that the military literally sends tanks and gunships after you and blow you up on sight! Of course there's certain staged missons where killing cops is required. Such as this gem of a mission I recorded almost a decade ago and happens to be my favorite GTA mission of all time! :devilish:

Remington's insurance company settled.

Nailed it! This podcast is worth listening to. It was certainly a revelation for me. Oh but I was being foolish and should not rely on the lamestream media to report all of the facts.