• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SAS Reaper Review

Kino

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2011
United States
I finally got to run some more test this weekend with my SAS Reaper .30 cal. can on five different rifles. The more I shoot this little can, the more I like it! The can weighs 10oz. and is 7" long. While Tim was coming up with it and we was testing it, I predicted this to be the best hunting can on the market and everything I have seen backs this up. Four of these rifles tested was built by Tim at SAS for me, so I know the care that was given to the threading of the muzzle and the whole build. Barrel threading is one the MOST important parts of POI shift. The Bison was the odd duck out that is not designed to be a precision rifle, just a nice lightweight hunting AR.

308 M24 contour Rock 24", AICS, Stiller TAC 30 action
260 M24 contour Brux 24", AICS, Stiller TAC 30 action
243 Remmy var. contour Brux 26", HS stock, trued remmy action
223 Remmy var. contour Krieger 22.5" HS stock, trued remmy
6.8 SPC II Bison Armory AR 16" recon profile (douglas blank??)

Every rifle here except the 6.8 shoots better than me and I have no problems printing 1/4 MOA groups on a regular basis enough to prove its not a fluke. The 6.8 is a regular .8 MOA gun anytime and I have printed many .5s and .6s.

I have a few others to test this little can on and will follow up with those as well and these include:

300 WM Stiller TAC 300, M24 contour Lilja 24", in a Mcree
POF P308 16.5"
RRA Coyote Carbine AR 223, 16" tube
Surgeon 308, Lilja 20" #7 contour fluted, HS stock
These are fitted with TOMBs as well but I just ran out of time! These are my rifles so the good thing is I don't have to hurry and send them to anyone!

All my rifles are fitted with the TOMB system and the 6.8 is the FH version and the rest are the brake version.

I will also throw in here that the SAS cans that I have are not hand picked. They are the same ones that any customer whom would order one will receive. The Reaper required NO "break-in" rounds to acheive outstanding accuracy or great sound reduction.

Repeatability on all rifles was exact and returned to the same point time after time. I expected this as I have shot a gazillion SAS cans and they repeat the same.

Accuracy. Not to much to say other than if you have a gun that shoots in the .1s to .2s, it still will! Two of these rifles will and two others are VERY close to that.

POI shift. On the 308 and 260 there was ZERO POI shift. The 243 was about 1/8" at 12 o'clock and my 1/10th mil cant correct that! The 223 was exactly 1/10 at 3 o'clock (.36"). One click to my windage and its done! The Bison showed the "most" which was 1/2 MOA to the 12 o'clock. Even with a little shift,the rifle grouped as usual.

Sound reduction. We shot this under the metal roof at the range and out in the open. The Reaper is a little louder than the Arbiter (which I own also) but not by a whole bunch. In the field in a hunting situation ANY of these rifles would be fine without earpro. The 223 bolt gun is VERY comfortable to shoot without earpro. I dont have the fancy db meters that guys have but Tim at SAS or Mile High Shooting can give you the actual numbers on db reduction.

As I said, I have a couple more rifles to shoot these on but I think the proof has shown that outstanding performance can be expected from any platform.....

Get these at Mile High Shooting while ya can as they really are as good as it gets for a hunting can!

Re: SAS Reaper Review

How is the sound compared to the standard Arbiter?

Thanks

I was there with Kino yesterday. I can attest to the slight POI shift with the .223, and lack-thereof with a couple of the other rifles. The .223 was right at 1/3" or .1 Mil horizontal shift @ 100 yards. I was really amazed at how quiet the Reaper was without Earpro. Even slightly more so with the Arbiter. We were shooting from under a big tin overhung roof at the range, and I never flinched or even thought about the noise with either can mounted on.

Gotta give props to Tim @ SAS...that man can honestly build some wicked awesome Mufflers.

KS, I have not ran the reaper through its paces yet on the POF but I have shot a few through it and it sounds good with FP ammo. Ryedaddy posted a video on here comparing it to the Arbiter as for sound. The Arbiter is obviously quieter but not by alot and the Reaper has been comfortable to shoot, even on my 16" 6.8 SPC which I have ran probably 200 rounds through it with the Reaper.
The balance is great as the Reaper only weighs 10oz. I see not reason that this can won't perform great on about anything you put it on. I feel like its the most versatile can SAS offers. In initial testing with Tim we shot it on the 300 Blackout and it was STUPID quiet!
Home defense on a 300 BLK, hunting deer or hogs from a 300wm or a 223, or just making life on the range more comfy, I really think you cannot beat this suppressor for what it brings to the table......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HD1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was there with Kino yesterday. I can attest to the slight POI shift with the .223, and lack-thereof with a couple of the other rifles. The .223 was right at 1/3" or .1 Mil horizontal shift @ 100 yards. I was really amazed at how quiet the Reaper was without Earpro. Even slightly more so with the Arbiter. We were shooting from under a big tin overhung roof at the range, and I never flinched or even thought about the noise with either can mounted on.

Gotta give props to Tim @ SAS...that man can honestly build some wicked awesome Mufflers. </div></div>

Not to mention the rifles he builds shoot bugholes!! Glad to have you there and I will bring ya some ammo and a few different toys to play with!
We failed to mention my pistol and SAS 22 hitting steel @ 100!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kino</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HD1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was there with Kino yesterday. I can attest to the slight POI shift with the .223, and lack-thereof with a couple of the other rifles. The .223 was right at 1/3" or .1 Mil horizontal shift @ 100 yards. I was really amazed at how quiet the Reaper was without Earpro. Even slightly more so with the Arbiter. We were shooting from under a big tin overhung roof at the range, and I never flinched or even thought about the noise with either can mounted on.

Gotta give props to Tim @ SAS...that man can honestly build some wicked awesome Mufflers. </div></div>

Not to mention the rifles he builds shoot bugholes!! Glad to have you there and I will bring ya some ammo and a few different toys to play with!
We failed to mention my pistol and SAS 22 hitting steel @ 100!!!! </div></div>

Yeah they do shoot well.