• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors SAS Vs TBAC

I am looking for a precision rifle can. I have an AAC Cyclone, but I'd like something lighter. I have narrowed it down to TBAC and SAS and will likely go with a 9" can in either. They seem to be similar cans targeting a similar clientele. Does anybody have experience with both? This'll be used on a 308 and 6.5

I have the .30 cal SAS Arbiter that I’ve got set up to shoot (w/ TOMB system ) on all my rifles ranging from 5.56 nato all the way up to .300 Win mag. They are 5.56, .308 Win , 6.5 creedmor , .300 win mag.
Here’s a video I posted shooting subs from my .308 Win with the SAS Arbiter.

SAS Arbiter Ti older version. Set up for use on several rifles. Super quiet. We have a 1000y range and TBAC is well represented in our group. I wouldn't hesitate to buy either suppressor. Tim is very helpful and has gone out of his way to make tombs for odd thread on my GAP . The two Arbiter's in our group are noticeably more quiet that the others but I figured it should be as its a 9" POI change is nill.

I have both TBAC and SAS, but I have more of the SAS. Tim has been great to deal with, and I have never had any accuracy issues out of either can. I prefer SAS and have 7 of their cans. I will add more of both.

I'm really happy with the SAS Arbiter that I bought maybe eight years ago. I've never needed customer service in the sense of repairs or anything. There were a few times over the years that I contacted them with questions, and they were either available or very quick to respond. The poi shift is repeatable as well.

Now I'm tired of switching it from bolt gun to sbr and lust for a shorter can.

Way back when I was searching for my Arbiter someone said that cans are addicting and I'd end with more. I didn't believe them, and here we are!

Anyhow, my struggle is deciding between a shorter SAS that I can use with my TOMBs or a TBAC 5-inch can for the SBR. Most of my rifles have TOMB mounts already.

Gotta love dilemmas like these!

I'm really happy with the SAS Arbiter that I bought maybe eight years ago. I've never needed customer service in the sense of repairs or anything. There were a few times over the years that I contacted them with questions, and they were either available or very quick to respond. The poi shift is repeatable as well.

Now I'm tired of switching it from bolt gun to sbr and lust for a shorter can.

Way back when I was searching for my Arbiter someone said that cans are addicting and I'd end with more. I didn't believe them, and here we are!

Anyhow, my struggle is deciding between a shorter SAS that I can use with my TOMBs or a TBAC 5-inch can for the SBR. Most of my rifles have TOMB mounts already.

Gotta love dilemmas like these!

I actually have an Arbiter, SAS Barricade, and a Ultra-5 6.5, and I've shot them all on my 12" Grendel. Had my buddy shoot a few rounds through each with me sitting next to them, and there was little difference between all 3, with a teensy bit more snap to the Ultra-5 on the 12" barrel. The Ultra-5 pretty much lives on my 20" Valkyrie and it is VERY quiet. Hog hunt without ears with it all of the time and it's very comfortable.

Last edited:
Fixing to order another TBAC can, already knew I was gonna buy another but looked at all the cans i could find at SHOT, TBAC wins in every category especially weight. There are plenty of good rifle cans on the market, TBAC is just the best.

Reactions: TBACRAY