• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SASS Twins

JSTARSZ

Lefty's Rule
Minuteman
  • Feb 6, 2008
    Wolftown
    100_0647.jpg

These are my DPMS Twins, 308 SASS that went to GA Precision for a new Bartlein 1.11 Twist Barrel and its mini twin, the DPMS Mini-SASS. The suppressor is a Gemtech HVT with Bi-Lock system for lock-up. These are my two favorite rifles. I actually bought the Mini Sass for the wife but it seems my son, 17, likes to shoot it more often so he has taken it over. My only stipulation is who ever shoots it, cleans it. That is only fair.

I am still working up loads for the SASS’s but I am narrowing it down. It seems to like 168gr AMAX and the mini likes 60gr VMAX. I guess it keeps it in the Hornady family.

Re: SASS Twins

They are cute twins!Keep us updated with the range report im particularly interested in how your 308 does.

I think I am going to take it out this weekend and see how it does. I have taken it out once since the new barrel was put on. It was decent at 300yds (about 1 MOA) but I was more trying to get my dope for the new barrel so I was not too worried about groups.

Now that I have learned how to post pix I can provide a more detailed range report.

Cant get my hands on an SASS 308 around here. They look awesome thanks for sharing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice twins JSTAR, Where do you shoot in Charlottesville. I am from Chester and usually shoot at Black Creek</div></div>

I normally go to Rivanna Gun Club or Gordonsville Gun Club. The only problem is there is only a 300 yd lane at both clubs. I have to go to Quantico to get further. I have not been there yet but would like to go stretch the SASS's legs there sometime.

oops thought this would be two scantily clad asian girls. ill just show myself to the door...