• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

savage 10 ba 308

urmaker45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2013
wise,va
I am still looking for a rifle and now im looking at the savage 10 ba in 308 im trying to find a rifle that has great accuracy and not needing to many improvements. The savage 10 ba looks like it could be the one since its already in a nice chassis with magpul prs stock, mag fed, fluted barrel , muzzel brake and oversized bolt. Does anybody have experience with this rifle if so how is the accuracy, is the stock good enough thats one of the main reason for this rifle. Ill be shooting this no farther than around 650yards and will be for duty use as leo sniper, yes I know its 24' barrel and is heavy but im ok with that .

Savage Arms

I got the 10BAS about 4 years ago, it was my first Savage and it still shoots .3 today after 1200 rds down the pipe. I changed the stock because I didn't like that heavy alluminum chassis and went with an AICS that was just released for Savages about 4 months ago. As far as a shooter hell yes! it's the best factory rifle I have and I will not be getting rid of it any time soon.

Sully

You can't go wrong with a Savage. My first rifle was/is a 10fp-le2 in .308 Win. I took the rifle to a 600y match in Medford OR and shot middle of the pack. To this day the rifle will still hit what I'm aiming at if I do my part. Same for my 111 Long range hunter in .300 WM. I keep up with custom actions all the way out to 1075y.
You can almost never go wrong with a Savage.