• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 10 Precision Carbine Stock?

cobia1

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2010
Hi all
I have a Savage 10 PC and want to replace the cheap plastic stock with something a little more substantial. I thought Hogue may have a drop in replacement but after speaking with a customer rep, they dont. And looking at McMillin and B&C's web sites, they dont appear to have any either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Savage 10 Precision Carbine Stock?

Have you talked to Manners or Stockaid Stocks?

I just got my a5 for my 10 pc. Best $600 bucks I ever spent.
grin.gif

004de.jpg
006gob.jpg

34% Tan
33% OD
33% Black

RFutch, that is a great looking set up. did it require any modification to mske it fit?

Nope. Dropped right in. I had them inlet it for the factory DBM for now. I still need to have it bedded and I will eventually upgrade to CDI DBM. Unbedded it still shooting 3/4" groups at 100 and I did have one at 5/8".

001oyk.jpg

Is your stock a accustock? Doe it have the side bolt release or bottom? I might be interested in yours if it is a accustock.
T

Midway shows a B&C varmit/tactical stock for either action screw spacing on the model 10 action. Might be worth a look.

The 10PC came with the Accu-stock. I have a 10PC also, and although I'm not a fan of the stock, it's certainly not "cheap and flimsy" when compared to some of the other plastic stocks offered of some factory rifles. The aluminum block in it works very well. Like I said, I'm not a fan of the stock, but mine will shoot in the .2's-.3's very easily at 100yds so the system does work.

HS & BC both make stocks to fit it. Also, Stockade makes some, but the price is hefty and the wait is long.

Thanks for all of the input. I'll give B&C and HS a call. Trevor300 is right...the system does work. I cant shoot as tight as Trevor300 but mine shoots 3/4" with regularity using FGMM ammo. I just dont like the "feel" of the stock. Thanks again for all the advice.

" I just dont like the "feel" of the stock."

Thats the exact same reason I bought the McMillan. Every time I get behind it, it just feels right.

Hey RFutch, Like most PC owners iam sure, you rig has sparked so questions. Is it just using the first 2 action bolt ( Iam asuming you have ditched the accuwedge all together)? Was there anything special MCBros had to do to the stock did your have to sendem all meauserments or did you just say, one A% to fit a savage 10pc? Also did you order directly through them or use a distributer?

Anyway looks good, I will probably going the same way, I was under the only other option was Choate tactical stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uncledillers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey RFutch, Like most PC owners iam sure, you rig has sparked so questions. Is it just using the first 2 action bolt ( Iam asuming you have ditched the accuwedge all together)? Was there anything special MCBros had to do to the stock did your have to sendem all meauserments or did you just say, one A% to fit a savage 10pc? Also did you order directly through them or use a distributer?

Anyway looks good, I will probably going the same way, I was under the only other option was Choate tactical stock. </div></div>

I ordered direct. They wanted to know what bottom metal I was using, and where the bolt release button was located. Indicating which action screw spacing I had.

Yes it only uses the two rear action screws. The one holding the accu-wedge is gone.

I went round and round on stocks for this rifle. The choate was too heavy and never really impressed me, the B&C A2 was "adl" configure only and I hate that forend. Stockade was adl also and to inlet for bottom metal ran it up almost as much as McMillan and Manners. Both of the latter would inlet for the factory DBM which would save me some money now and I could upgrade that later.

The choice then was McM or MCS. Pick your poison, they are both great. The swirly option at McM broke the tie.

I have pair of new AccuStock rifles, a 10FCM Scout 7.62x39, and a 10 Predator Hunter Max I .260. They both shoot very pleasingly well.

I can understand a dislike for ergo/esthetic reasons, but I'm keeping mine. It's just a sporter style stock, but anything that shoots like mine do is staying at my house for the duration.

The 7.62x39 managed between 1MOA and 2MOA at 100yd using PMC 123gr FMJ loads. I disassembled a box and found charge weights averaging 23.5gr of a very fine ball/flake type powder, but a charge variation spread over about 1.2gr. I figure there's more accuracy to be had with load development, and have worked up a few loads for testing using IMR-4198 and HDY 110 V-Max. I will also reload the original components with indigually weighed charges for use as a reference.

Will test them soon, might be interesting to treat the cartridge as if it were a 30PPC and try it in this relatively more decent than average rifle.

This project will be running side-by-side with a 30BR barrel on the old .260 Ghost Dancer using the same bullets and powder.

Greg

My daughter has a 10PC with over 1500rds through it, the accustock worked fine for quite a while. It eventually got very soft up front and the aluminum bedding system became flimsy after time. The stock was hard to get torqued down right and we had to ditch the accu wedge to get it to stop having flyers. I ordered her a manners stock with 90% carbon fill to keep weight down. It will be bedded in the next month or so by manners so I will post results when done. The rifle still is shooting groups in the .4 to .6 range even with the wipped accustock, the rifles do shoot good.

Just go to stockys and check it all out.B&C makes several for the savages.Hs does,mcmillan,and now shortly,bobby harts laminate with an aluminum bedding block is coming soon for savage. Call kevein rayhill at stockade. He has many options.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonbearman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> shortly,bobby harts laminate with an aluminum bedding block is coming soon for savage. </div></div>

Got any more info on these for savage? Will it be a "adl" type configuration or something else?