• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Savage 10PC Scope Mount Holes Misaligned?

hendrixfan

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2011
Clackamas County, OR
Question for you who are much more knowledgeable than me:
I have a newer Savage 10PC that I have been unable to sight in. It shoots great, just not where I want it to. After trying two different scope bases(first cheap weavers, and latest EGW) I am unable to adjust the windage enough to get on target. It looks to me like the scope base holes point off to the right slightly, which is why my point of impact is consistently to the left. I did my best with a laser level and the holes definitely line up well off to the right. My question is: Is this normal enough that I just get some rings like the Burris that have the shims, or is this something I should send it back to Savage for?

To clarify, the scope works fine, and shoots great on another rifle. Its a newer Redfield Revolution, and I am talking 6inches to the left at 50 yards with my windage adjustment maxed out.

Re: Savage 10PC Scope Mount Holes Misaligned?

I would contact savage, and let them know the problem, get a confirmation from them, and like the statment above, send it back.

That's not good. I know my Savage 10PC did not have that problem. It was very close from the start. Like they said call Savage. They will fix the problem.

Just a follow up to this. Got my gun back complete with .4 moa shot target. Hope to get it out and shoot soon, but Savage's customer service has been great.